Vancouver Hotels

:eek:WOW! The prices of hotels in Vancouver in June! And don't even think about booking a pre-cruise hotel and excursion to Victoria through Princess. Thinking now we should have flown in the day of our cruise.:(

Price in Vancouver change from Spring to Summer rates just around May first . Prices go up from 100 to 200 % in May. There still are hotel deals available on line.

Vancouver's hotel prices during the Alaska cruise season are a bit like Fort Lauderdale's during the Caribbean season. However, if you are diligent about watching Hotwire and Priceline you can often get a very good hotel at about $135/n and even less if you want to look at something at say the 3* level. My advice would be to book a room on a refundable basis now and then watch Hotwire and Priceline for deals.

Vancouver's hotel prices during the Alaska cruise season are a bit like Fort Lauderdale's during the Caribbean season. However, if you are diligent about watching Hotwire and Priceline you can often get a very good hotel at about $135/n and even less if you want to look at something at say the 3* level. My advice would be to book a room on a refundable basis now and then watch Hotwire and Priceline for deals.

We got 4 star plus in Vancouver last June for 250 CDN for three nights incl taxes. It was located near the airport. We did not have to worry about transportation because drove our car to Vancouver. You can get a hotel in Richmond cheaper than downtown Vancouver. Just search on Priceline or Hotels.com for hotels near the airport.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Price in Vancouver change from Spring to Summer rates just around May first . Prices go up from 100 to 200 % in May. There still are hotel deals available on line.

Have you some evidence of these increases or just more of your unsubstantiated guesses?

We got 4 star plus in Vancouver last June for 250 CDN for three nights incl taxes. It was located near the airport. We did not have to worry about transportation because drove our car to Vancouver. You can get a hotel in Richmond cheaper than downtown Vancouver. Just search on Priceline or Hotels.com for hotels near the airport.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

I am very familiar with this, in fact I just booked 3 nights at the Weston Wall Centre for next month thru Hotwire. However, Richmond is not downtown Vancouver and a visitor to Vancouver gives up a lot of precious sightseeing time by staying out there.

Hello Cruising,

I would book a hotel through the hotels website over Expedia etc. and then check back often for price drops.

If the price doesn't go down at all then closer to the day I would use Priceline and then cancel your other reservation.

I stay at the Marriott Pinnacle when my wife and I have a staycation. We will be staying there in a few weeks and I booked at $209/night. This week they had a 48 hour sale and I booked for $149/night for an advance purchase.

Also I would look at going to Victoria straight from the airport using Pacific Coach Lines.

http://www.pacificcoach.com/Bus-Coach-Travel/Crosswater/Vancouver-to-Victoria

You could spend 2 days in Victoria and then head back to Vancouver.

:eek:WOW! The prices of hotels in Vancouver in June! And don't even think about booking a pre-cruise hotel and excursion to Victoria through Princess. Thinking now we should have flown in the day of our cruise.:(

If you haven't booked your flight. You might want to consider flying into YYJ/Victoria instead to start, often prices aren't that much different.

Cruise line tours (like a trip to Victoria) are generally quite expensive. You can get to Victoria for under $25 ea way if you just take the city bus and walk on the ferry. The organized tours generally want around $125-150.