Window clings

tmac04

Has anyone ever used window clings? We didn't get a balcony for next years cruise so I thought it might be fun to decorate the porthole for my girls. Any idea if they are allowed?

I can only report that DCL doesn't allow them for door decorations. From the DCL website:

Q:Can I decorate my stateroom door or hang items over the doors?

A:Guests are welcome to place magnetic signs on their stateroom doors. Please note that Concierge rooms on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy do not have metal doors.

Guests are prohibited from affixing items to stateroom doors utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/stateroom-doors-prohibited/

I'd guess that, as long as it's only on the window (non-painted surface) it would be allowed.

• 1 month later...
i would use only the flat plastic clings, NOT the gel clings. The gel clings tend to melt in the sun and leave sticky residue all over the window.

Great advice! My daughter stuck the gel ones all over her bedroom window at home and they "oozed" down the window and created a huge mess!