We are in Jacksonville

GAMOM4

We are at the Jacksonville Hotel and Suites. They told us the shuttle won't start running until 11:30. The parking lot is full...we probably wont even get on the first shuttle. Should we just pay the $25 for a cab to take us to the port in the morning? What is the earliest we can be there? InMay we were on the Freedom at 11:05 .... Since I am platinum I want to take advantage of it.

Of course $25 could be used for something else.

Thanks!

They normally won't let you through the gate in Jacksonville until 10:30.

This is true.....tried to tell my stubborn husband this and wound up sitting at a gas station for 30 min after we were turned around at the gate.

Did I tell him "I told you so"?

You bet I did.......:)

I would think $25 is not that expensive considering you would avoid the stress of trying to get an early shuttle and starting your vacation on a hectic note.

Instead, you could get a taxi for 10:15 or 10:30 or whenever, and be one of the first to board and start your platinum cruise!

That's probably what I would do anyway, lol. I'm more liberal with my money on vaca than at home!

Have a great cruise regardless!

Jenn :)

I would think $25 is not that expensive considering you would avoid the stress of trying to get an early shuttle and starting your vacation on a hectic note.

Instead, you could get a taxi for 10:15 or 10:30 or whenever, and be one of the first to board and start your platinum cruise!

That's probably what I would do anyway, lol. I'm more liberal with my money on vaca than at home!

Have a great cruise regardless!

Jenn :)

This is what I do in Charleston. Found out the Hotel (staying on points) would charge us 20 each for the shuttle plus tip. I just called a cab, its was 17. flat. I did tip the guy 5. I will do it every time, so easy.. No cramming into a shuttle. It's the way to go at some ports.

My personal thought would be to not rush as you already have priority boarding once you get to the port.

No matter what, it's YOUR cruise and if spending $25 makes you enjoy it more...go for it!

I have been on this ship before (when it's been cold). Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr going under the dames point with rainy weather and 30+ mph winds... Yikes

$25 bucks buys 3 dod's when you get on (plus tax while in port) or almost a soda card for the trip....the fascinations not that big of a ship and doesn't have all the activities the other ships have...yes you may get to eat sooner and walk around if it were a bigger ship like the dream/sunshine/breeze where there's more to do than maybe yes. The pool will be too cold to swim in, maybe warm enough for the "hot" tubs...

however if this was in warmer weather, yes, I would go to the pool early before the crowd and it would be worth the money

Not to mention, you need to either get a cab ride back ($25) or make sure to secure the shuttle ride back (since you didn't ride over they might not bring you back).

Could get expensive fast if they leave you at the port....worth asking if they can just do one way back?

I wouldn't be able to wait that long....I like to be at the port by 10:00 am

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I promise if you show up at the terminal at Jax at 10:00 they will not even let you in the parking lot......showing up at 10:30 is your best hope.

On one of our cruises we met some who arrived at 10:39 and were still turned around and made to come back at 11:00..:eek:.

Never had that problem at any other terminal except Jax because it all depends how quickly they debark the previous cruise.

Edited by GTO-Girl

I promise if you show up at the terminal at Jax at 10:00 they will not even let you in the parking lot......showing up at 10:30 is your best hope.

On one of our cruises we met some who arrived at 10:39 and were still turned around and made to come back at 11:00..:eek:.

Never had that problem at any other terminal except Jax because it all depends how quickly they debark the previous cruise.

It's been a while since we cruised out of Jacksonville. The only time we cruised out of Jacksonville was on the Carnival Celebration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My personal thought would be to not rush as you already have priority boarding once you get to the port.

No matter what, it's YOUR cruise and if spending $25 makes you enjoy it more...go for it!

I have been on this ship before (when it's been cold). Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr going under the dames point with rainy weather and 30+ mph winds... Yikes

$25 bucks buys 3 dod's when you get on (plus tax while in port) or almost a soda card for the trip....the fascinations not that big of a ship and doesn't have all the activities the other ships have...yes you may get to eat sooner and walk around if it were a bigger ship like the dream/sunshine/breeze where there's more to do than maybe yes. The pool will be too cold to swim in, maybe warm enough for the "hot" tubs...

however if this was in warmer weather, yes, I would go to the pool early before the crowd and it would be worth the money

Not to mention, you need to either get a cab ride back ($25) or make sure to secure the shuttle ride back (since you didn't ride over they might not bring you back).

Could get expensive fast if they leave you at the port....worth asking if they can just do one way back?

This will be my 4th cruise on the Fascination and my 7th cruise out of Jacksonville. When we purchased FTTF in May we enjoyed getting on the Freedom early.....it almost seemed like we had an extra day on the ship...

I am hoping that I can make this entire experience as positive as possible...since it will be the first cruise since my husband's death.....I made it to Jacksonville today (and he always did all the driving...he was a truck driver anyway).....so that is a positive first step.....

This will be my 4th cruise on the Fascination and my 7th cruise out of Jacksonville. When we purchased FTTF in May we enjoyed getting on the Freedom early.....it almost seemed like we had an extra day on the ship...

I am hoping that I can make this entire experience as positive as possible...since it will be the first cruise since my husband's death.....I made it to Jacksonville today (and he always did all the driving...he was a truck driver anyway).....so that is a positive first step.....

YEA for first steps! So sorry for your loss. Why don't you see how it is in the morning if you are up and ready to go call a cab if not wait on the shuttle and meet some new friends!

Sorry for your loss. When you put it that perspective, It makes everything different in relation to the original question. I have to take my foot out of my mouth now. I have the Paul Harvey voice going off in my head now. Now I know...the rest of the story.

I rue the day my DW or I would experience the same and would think $25 is a small price to consider from enjoying an experience that we once shared together.

So sorry for your loss GaMom.......so proud of you for making the drive!!!!

I just wanted to say i hope you enjoy your cruise!

We are at the Jacksonville Hotel and Suites. They told us the shuttle won't start running until 11:30. The parking lot is full...we probably wont even get on the first shuttle. Should we just pay the $25 for a cab to take us to the port in the morning? What is the earliest we can be there? InMay we were on the Freedom at 11:05 .... Since I am platinum I want to take advantage of it.

Of course $25 could be used for something else.

Thanks!

As you are getting on board today, what did you decide?