Arrival of Sunshine

I'm thinking that the Carnival Sunshine is going to sit at anchor on the river a few hours south of New Orleans overnight tonight. I think when they said they planned to "arrive" at 11 PM, they were not meaning that they would arrive at the actual port of New Orleans. They meant they would "arrive" at the point in the river where they planned to remain at anchor overnight.

I can't really imagine them arriving at the actual Port of New Orleans in the middle of the night. To tie up at the port requires Longshoremen. It would be a big mess to call out the Longshoremen in the middle of the night, and then expect them to be back again in the morning to tie up the Norwegian ship that will also be in port on Sunday.

I think the Sunshine will remain at anchor mid-river overnight, and then get moving in early morning hours so that they arrive at the Port of New Orleans at the normal time of 5 or 6 AM like they will be doing every Sunday morning.

I'm thinking that the Carnival Sunshine is going to sit at anchor on the river a few hours south of New Orleans overnight tonight. I think when they said they planned to "arrive" at 11 PM, they were not meaning that they would arrive at the actual port of New Orleans. They meant they would "arrive" at the point in the river where they planned to remain at anchor overnight.

I can't really imagine them arriving at the actual Port of New Orleans in the middle of the night. To tie up at the port requires Longshoremen. It would be a big mess to call out the Longshoremen in the middle of the night, and then expect them to be back again in the morning to tie up the Norwegian ship that will also be in port on Sunday.

I think the Sunshine will remain at anchor mid-river overnight, and then get moving in early morning hours so that they arrive at the Port of New Orleans at the normal time of 5 or 6 AM like they will be doing every Sunday morning.

Except it's moving right now according to the marine vessel site.

I can't wait until May 10th I'll be cruising on the sunshine out of Port Canaveral. Does anyone know if someone will have a port video of the sunshine when it first arrives in Port Canaveral? Not to throw anyone off topic here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can't wait until May 10th I'll be cruising on the sunshine out of Port Canaveral. Does anyone know if someone will have a port video of the sunshine when it first arrives in Port Canaveral? Not to throw anyone off topic here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Port Canaveral has its own webcam

We will be docked overnight and this afternoon we picked up a dozen or so customs officials while we were anchored to start processing people on the ship (crew I think). Customs has been working on the ship now for hours.

The ship is great and we have the last luggage tags and carnival transfer (35) and they say we will be off the ship by 9am.

Sunshine is just approaching the bend in the river near St. Bernard State Park. Should not be TOO much longer before she is visible on the Port of New Orleans webcam. I sure hope no one gets up early in the AM with plans to drive down/in to watch her arrival, since it appears she'll be docking tonight.

Can't wait to be on deck waving to the web cam in less than four months.

Woooo Hooooo:o

We will be docked overnight and this afternoon we picked up a dozen or so customs officials while we were anchored to start processing people on the ship (crew I think). Customs has been working on the ship now for hours.

The ship is great and we have the last luggage tags and carnival transfer (35) and they say we will be off the ship by 9am.

Happy to hear that you had a great cruise....I hope you saved some of the fun for us. We board the Sunshine in 3 weeks :D

Sunshine is just approaching the bend in the river near St. Bernard State Park.

The big bend in the river is called English Turn. It got that name from the time that the French controlled New Orleans and the upper portion of the river. There was an english boat loaded with soldiers that was trying to make its way past New Orleans. Bienville convinced this ship that there was a large french fort just up river from their location, so they turned, and hightailed it down the Mississippi River and back into the Gulf. The area of English Turn is named for that event.