Carnival Pride with 13 month old

katiedidthat

• 2 weeks later...
On our way to Baltimore to catch the Pride with our 13 month old DS. If anyone has any questions I'll be glad to find them out for you! Also, we'll post tips and such when we get back.

dd was 14 months on her first cruise, she had a blast! One tip, go with the flow! Remember he may need more downtime, eat and sleep more! (mine did).

How did it go? Leaving soon on Carnival Liberty with 1-year old. Do they have toy lending like RC? Did you try the supervised free-play?

It went amazingly well! DS did great. They didn't specifically advertise toy lending, but there were less than a dozen kids 2 and under on our cruise and we found out the last night that two of the other little ones were able to borrow a few toys so I figure it depends on the staff each week. We did go to the free-play. It was nice to have somewhere he could get down and play freely. There was one staff member there each day to check us in and out but no other kids ever seemed to come to it. I am working on my review now, hoping to post it this week if you're interested.

We're going in April with our 4 year old daughter and our son will be about 2 weeks shy of 2. How did you keep busy on sea days? How was the dinning? Did they seat you with other families or were you able to sit alone? Did you ever try dropping her off? Did they seem very strict with ages? I know the program starts at 2, and I doubt my son would stay anyway, but it would be so nice to have a dinner or 2 kid free.

We're going in April with our 4 year old daughter and our son will be about 2 weeks shy of 2. How did you keep busy on sea days? How was the dinning? Did they seat you with other families or were you able to sit alone? Did you ever try dropping her off? Did they seem very strict with ages? I know the program starts at 2, and I doubt my son would stay anyway, but it would be so nice to have a dinner or 2 kid free.

For us, I'm doing Tinkerbell Gifts (small things I've picked up over the year, three reasons-1, she gets something new to play with, and 2, I won't have to buy anything in the gift shop or ports, 3, I limit her toys that I'm bringing and if these get lost, no big deal.), Daisy and car, 2 mini baby princesses paints, crayons/book, a new ball, bubbles, stamps.

I'm packing about 25 books and praying that'll be enough for the week. Just exploring the ship, swimming/splash, looking at pictures, getting ready, eating, naps and such take up lots of time! We've never been bored or had dd bored. At 14 months, she played with my flip flop and a ball, loved the splash pad, love exploring the ship, the glass elevator, the stairs. She'll be allowed some cartoons this time around, maybe. lol. We bring our mps players for music.

Plus, they have activities going on on sea days. At 14 months, she didn't play with anything I brought, other than the ball and her laptop (Once), I don't think we really read either, we were just always busy or she was doing her own thing.

The programs sometimes accept younger kids depending on the space and maturity level.

If you want a table for just your family, you need to request it for dinner. Breakfast and lunch you can request at the time, but depending on wait and space, you may have to wait or be sitting with other people. For us, being sitting with other people is NOT optional. We will NEVER cruise a line again if they sit other people at the table with us in the MDR. Just NO. I'm very clear when I book and once we get on the ship. Never had a issue, we've always had a table for two/four.

For us, I'm doing Tinkerbell Gifts (small things I've picked up over the year, three reasons-1, she gets something new to play with, and 2, I won't have to buy anything in the gift shop or ports, 3, I limit her toys that I'm bringing and if these get lost, no big deal.), Daisy and car, 2 mini baby princesses paints, crayons/book, a new ball, bubbles, stamps.

I'm packing about 25 books and praying that'll be enough for the week. Just exploring the ship, swimming/splash, looking at pictures, getting ready, eating, naps and such take up lots of time! We've never been bored or had dd bored. At 14 months, she played with my flip flop and a ball, loved the splash pad, love exploring the ship, the glass elevator, the stairs. She'll be allowed some cartoons this time around, maybe. lol. We bring our mps players for music.

Plus, they have activities going on on sea days. At 14 months, she didn't play with anything I brought, other than the ball and her laptop (Once), I don't think we really read either, we were just always busy or she was doing her own thing.

The programs sometimes accept younger kids depending on the space and maturity level.

If you want a table for just your family, you need to request it for dinner. Breakfast and lunch you can request at the time, but depending on wait and space, you may have to wait or be sitting with other people. For us, being sitting with other people is NOT optional. We will NEVER cruise a line again if they sit other people at the table with us in the MDR. Just NO. I'm very clear when I book and once we get on the ship. Never had a issue, we've always had a table for two/four.

The Pride doesn't have a splash pad or any water option for unpotty trained kids do they?

None of the Carnival ships has anything like that for non-potty trained kids.

Her kids are 2 weeks shy of 2 and 4, I assumed they were potty trained. I'm not used to older kids not being potty trained. Sorry.

We were on Disney last year, and this year., they have a splash pad for not potty trained kids, and older kids played there as well.

I know people have posted on here before that I can try potty training my son before we go, and I will, but I've never met kids potty trained under 2. My daughter was about 2 months after turning 2 and she was the only one I knew of for a while. She kind of inspired alot of our friends to try.

I know people have posted on here before that I can try potty training my son before we go, and I will, but I've never met kids potty trained under 2. My daughter was about 2 months after turning 2 and she was the only one I knew of for a while. She kind of inspired alot of our friends to try.

we pt'd at 19 months, bare butt for three days, panties on day four. It's easier when you train earlier. If you research, kids were trained MUCH earlier before pull ups were marketed. I give HER control. She picks the panties, her clothes, which bathroom to use, her reward. It becomes a power struggle when the parent tells the child what to do, when, and how. I avoided that with pt'ing, she has all control, with one exception, we go in the toilet. Dd had only a few accidents and most were a communication issue or her acting out. Some kids will have 15-40 accidents a day during training (I'd pull my hair out-lol!)

Most of the kids in dd's gym class are pt'ed. The one's who aren't, mostly have new siblings. (major changes within a few months can cause regression). 3/4 of my ped's kids were trained before 2.

End unsolicited advice. lol. (NOT telling you how to parent, just trying to give you information.)