Spring Hill Suites

dcruisers

We've stayed in Springhill Suites. But without knowing what city you are going to be staying in, it is most difficult to answer your questions. ;)

Oops! Sorry- we are leaving from FLL - I think it's Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale

Airport. Any info would be appreciated!

Oops! Sorry- we are leaving from FLL - I think it's Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale

We've stayed there before, nice rooms, typical free breakfast. Free shuttle to/from airport and free shuttle to cruise port. I believe there are also several restaurants within a mile or so.

There were 4 of us who stayed there. We got a "room" with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and shared a kitchen/living room area. Great hotel. We walked less than a mile to where we had our choice to several restaurants. We chose a sports bar/grill just past a Home Depot (or a store like that) Hotel recommended and they were right on!

We've stayed there as well. Yes, you can walk to restaurants...mostly across the street in a strip mall and there are place to buy wine, if you're allowed to bring it onboard. Cruise lines vary. Rooms were nice, elevators were really slow. We were there in February, so it was high cruise season. Work out room was small, but OK, and no one else was there but us!

We found that the guy who was in charge of the shuttle to the port was a big bully. He said that he couldn't take us to the ship for two hours because there were so many people who had already signed up. When we said we would take a taxi, he told us that a taxi would be so expensive and would take a long time. We knew this information was incorrect (from this board). If you go out the front doors, there taxis waiting for you. Easy, inexpensive drive to the port!

Enjoy!

Edited by Illinisue

I stayed there this past January, great hotel. There is a mall across the street so if you're looking to pick up any last minute items you won't have far to go. I had a car and drove to a couple of restaurants in the area, but I am pretty sure that there are places to eat close by.

I booked it based on the reviews on trip advisor.