Young Couple - Ventura September 2014

@Porthole

Hello.

Last new thread for today, I was just trying to find out if many other couples our age will go (21 at sailing). Obviously it is very week by week dependant. But generally what have people thought about the mix of young adults this year, if any? Especially if you travelled this September?

Kind regards,

Nick

We decided to go early this year as my daughter finished her exams. We thought we would miss all the school kids which of course we did but found all the entertainment was just geared to the older audience so we had the John Denver tribute act, cliff Richard tribute act and a comedian with jokes about when we were in the war. I am sure very good if you were over 70 but very boring for us.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We travelled on Ventura this September and being a family ship there were young families on board. There were also three weddings. So hopefully next year you will find some young people on board. Although I am an older person it doesn't mean I don't want to mix with young people - I'm quite happy to do do if they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We travelled on Ventura this September and being a family ship there were young families on board. There were also three weddings. So hopefully next year you will find some young people on board. Although I am an older person it doesn't mean I don't want to mix with young people - I'm quite happy to do do if they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes hopefully we will. Yes we love mixing with all ages so we will fit in fine. It is a shame that a lot of young couples are put off cruising. They don't know what they are missing!

We decided to go early this year as my daughter finished her exams. We thought we would miss all the school kids which of course we did but found all the entertainment was just geared to the older audience so we had the John Denver tribute act, cliff Richard tribute act and a comedian with jokes about when we were in the war. I am sure very good if you were over 70 but very boring for us.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you for posting. Ooh that is not good hopefully there will be an increase in theatrical and dance shows which are good for all audiences. Thanks for the heads up!

Yes I made one for my cruise a few weeks ago, I will try again soon to create another one as got no replies thank you.

Please don't create another one as it will confuse people. If no replies yet please be patient. It's a long way ahead yet.

Perhaps being a fly cruise there will be a less aged group of passengers than normal. Weve been on Ventura three times and enjoyed the mix of passengers which is generally a lower average age than the other ships in the fleet.

We were on Ventura this Oct and it seemed very old on the ship. I felt very young and I'm 40.

Perhaps being a fly cruise there will be a less aged group of passengers than normal. Weve been on Ventura three times and enjoyed the mix of passengers which is generally a lower average age than the other ships in the fleet.

Yes that is a good point actually. And good news for us hopefully.

We were on Ventura this Oct and it seemed very old on the ship. I felt very young and I'm 40.

Ah this would be right in the middle of uni/college season. When we go uni won't have started so this will work in our favour. I guess all I can do now is wait and see. Cheers for all your answers!