Orlando airport to COcco Beach/Port Canaveral

RyanMFitz1

Hello fellow travelers....

I have never cruised out port canaveral and curious as what is the best way to get from Orlando Airport to our hotel in Cocco Beach..I am planning on taking a cab from hotel to port...But don't know about airport to hotel...Thanks in advance.

Hello fellow travelers....

I have never cruised out port canaveral and curious as what is the best way to get from Orlando Airport to our hotel in Cocco Beach..I am planning on taking a cab from hotel to port...But don't know about airport to hotel...Thanks in advance.

Most people do a one-way car rental, in which case you don't need the taxi from hotel to port. You drop the rental car off the morning of the cruise and the car agency shuttles you to the port for free.

If you don't want to do a rental car, then shuttles mentioned often are Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Travelynx.

I would highly recommend just renting a car...it's crazy cheap, allows you to have the freedom to drive whereever you want to pick up stuff before the cruise, and it's a free shuttle to port out of cocoa beach (which is less than 5 minutes from the ship). Search around for cheap rates and codes...I think we paid less than $20 including taxes each way (plus gas of course). The shuttles are a hassle as there isn't any rhyme or reason to pick up and drop off, but for the most part people were polite and knew to wait their "turn"...and there really is no other way around it unless you want to pay extra just to drive that 5 minutes.

I would highly recommend just renting a car...it's crazy cheap, allows you to have the freedom to drive whereever you want to pick up stuff before the cruise, and it's a free shuttle to port out of cocoa beach (which is less than 5 minutes from the ship). Search around for cheap rates and codes...I think we paid less than $20 including taxes each way (plus gas of course). The shuttles are a hassle as there isn't any rhyme or reason to pick up and drop off, but for the most part people were polite and knew to wait their "turn"...and there really is no other way around it unless you want to pay extra just to drive that 5 minutes.

I agree with this. Plus, the drive is super easy.