LIVE! From Rhapsody of the Seas - 19th November - Queensland Coast

Once we got to Airlie we took a walk to the edge of town (it's not large!). Both of us have been here before (I worked in this town for a few months on a movie in my old life). We didn't opt to do any shore excursions as they were things that we have done before. I can highly recommend Ocean Rafting out to Whitehaven Bay. http://www.oceanrafting.com.au/

For whatever reason they write: "Any guests arriving into Airlie Beach on a cruise ship are kindly asked to book our tour through the on-board shore excursion team. "

• 2 weeks later...

Wow wow WOW! Thanks to Misscruising1 for that comprehensive blog on her trip on rhapsody! We are doing this exact trip in exactly 5 weeks so it was super to whet our appetites with all this info. Have shared it with the whole family and now the 10year old is excitedly devouring all the relevant a bits and admiring the photos and getting even more excited then she was!! Sooo looking forward to the next edition about the ports!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

im sorry for all the rain in Sydney... hope the weather improves up the coast.... we are off on the Rhapsody on Dec 28th which goes up east coast (bris/cairns/airlie beach) then over to the South Pacific so really looking forward to hearing all about your cruise and the boat!

Hope you have a blast!:D

see you was on the fairstar in 1996 1 was on that ship in 1969 when it was the sitmar line it was a old ship then lucky it did not sink I went halfway round world on it. mozza

Wow wow WOW! Thanks to Misscruising1 for that comprehensive blog on her trip on rhapsody! We are doing this exact trip in exactly 5 weeks so it was super to whet our appetites with all this info. Have shared it with the whole family and now the 10year old is excitedly devouring all the relevant a bits and admiring the photos and getting even more excited then she was!! Sooo looking forward to the next edition about the ports!

Thank you!!!! It's a great trip! The ship is wonderful/ staff are amazing!

Have a great cruise! Let us know on our facebook page (below) how it goes!

• 1 month later...

I see on your cruise review blog that one of the Production shows was Pure Country. What was the other production show (I assume there were two)?

How was the suggested dress code? Was it mostly casual wear aside from 2-3 formal nights? On my last cruise (on VOTS) the Smart Casual suggestion seemed to have been dropped (outside of specialty restaurants, at least!). Maybe this is the case on all tropical-based Australian cruises with RCI? Also, what theme nights were there? I'd imagine a Hawaiian/Island night would feature due to the tropical climate.

The days are counting down to the first Rhapsody experience!! :D

Edited by marquisite