Have you had your reservation locked?

temple1

My error message changed today. I now get:

Due to inactivity, your session has timed out. For security reasons, if you were making any updates to your reservation, you will need to wait 15 minutes before retrieving your reservation again.

I still cannot get in through the back door approach either. It has been about 48 hours since I initiated contact via the web help option. Obviously they are doing something--but the end result is still failure. Do these people work part time for the Obama Care web site?

Paul

It doesn't work for me either and I'm tired of calling them and getting no where.

I was able to get through the back door but it does not give me everything. For example, I have a cruise booked for April and the final payment page is missing…...

same message I am now getting

did you have any name changes that might come along with this?

my wifes maiden name carried her C&A status, so i called and they updated it with her married name and i assumed, maybe the system was rejecting it again?

i did call and the rep removed her C&A number from her name, and said she'd have to wait 24-hours for it to "set" - she gave me her info and extension to call back tomorrow for an update. she also took my info, so i guess we'll see?

Hey all, I was getting the same messasges....

The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation.

Now:

The name on this reservation and loyalty account do not match. Please contact customer service to correct this issue.

I talked to them online and I think it might be related to my wife changing her name. We were married in May, and for this cruise her name change is complete. So the Royal Side shows her new last name, but her C&A showed her old last name. They updated it and said it could take a couple days. Hope this helps others...

Edited by billb1981

my wifes maiden name carried her C&A status, so i called and they updated it with her married name and i assumed, maybe the system was rejecting it again?

i did call and the rep removed her C&A number from her name, and said she'd have to wait 24-hours for it to "set" - she gave me her info and extension to call back tomorrow for an update. she also took my info, so i guess we'll see?

No name changes at all. Everything is correct with our names as well as c&a #'s. When I called, they advised that since my original reservation was done on-line and then I called to add a second cabin (different resisie which I have no prob accessing) that messed everything up so that they can't fix it now.. Really???

No name changes at all. Everything is correct with our names as well as c&a #'s. When I called, they advised that since my original reservation was done on-line and then I called to add a second cabin (different resisie which I have no prob accessing) that messed everything up so that they can't fix it now.. Really???

That makes zero sense. Royal really needs to get their act together.

I spent a good deal of time this morning speaking with several individuals at Royal who are to help with web problems. I've not been able to access my Dec cruise for several days. I originally thought it was because I was trying on a Saturday. No luck Sunday, MOnday or Tuesday. Called today and she wanted DH's date of birth. Gave it to her, she took a little time and said it was unlocked, give it a go. I hung up and - voila! Still locked.

Called back, same department, agent took a very long time with me on hold etc. and she might have asked for DH's dob, and then she said, clear all cookies, log off and log back on and it should be fixed. So, I followed instructions and abracadabra! Still locked! Tried logging in on another computer, no luck.

Called again, same department. The agent asked for DH's dob. I told her I gave it to the first person I spoke with. This agent said it wasn't updated and when I gave it to her she said it was trying to change the rate. Odd, cruise is paid for and DH is over 55. Unless it was a lower rate.... but she didn't say. This time she had me go to before you board. Flat out didn't try to fix the problem. Very annoying because I like going through my cruises. Yeah, I know, but still it is how I do things and did I mention I don't like change?

So, it seems I am able to update going through this way, but, no answer about fixing my reservation. My March reservation opens just fine, only the Dec.

Anyone else? Suggestions?

Good luck with this. I had a spring reservation that was locked, called to get it unlocked, and the rate DID change. It went up by a lot. I had to call back and it took over 30 minutes of call time to get the rate put back to what it was.

Gina

Ah, 21st century problems. Maybe we should go back to the way it was 40 years ago.

Go into a bricks & mortar TA, review their limited number of offerings and pay some money, and then some more and then wait for our tickets to arrive by snail mail.

No opportunity to review, amend, research, price check or anything with cyberworld - how did we ever take our trips??

And no opportunity to vent on the internet

Ah, 21st century problems. Maybe we should go back to the way it was 40 years ago.

Go into a bricks & mortar TA, review their limited number of offerings and pay some money, and then some more and then wait for our tickets to arrive by snail mail.

No opportunity to review, amend, research, price check or anything with cyberworld - how did we ever take our trips??

And no opportunity to vent on the internet

Ah sarcasm. Always helpful. Walk away mr walker.

I am having the same problem as you. We upgraded to a JS for our December sailing 6 days ago and I haven't been able to get in to that reservation since. I can get in to later reservations without issue. I have called 3 times and I have been through the steps you mention, but this has accomplished nothing. Today the phone representative told me to request help directly from the web site. She did warn me ahead of time that I might not hear anything for 72 hours (I don't consider that acceptable). If they give you a solution please pop back in and update this and I will do the same.

Paul in Jacksonville, FL

If it makes y'all feel any better. We are having the same problem with Celebrity, along with many others over there. ;)

It's been weeks since I was able to see our booked cruise for May 2014. However, two other cruises (one before May and one next August) show fine. I can also see the reservation for my brothers cruise - the same as the one that I cannot get into. I did make a change in stateroom (so did my brother) a few weeks ago, but think it has to be due to the updated websites over anything else. :mad:

I realize this is much less convenient, but you can call Royal and ask them to email you your booking confirmation. That will show your payments, outstanding balance, and final payment date. You can also pay over the phone when the time comes.

just wanting to see how the ones that have not had a problem are still working?

maybe they can help us.... I can not view a reservation, make or show a payment, or see a balance or final payment!!!!

I'm still locked on 2 reservations.

I may never be able to view or compete a dinner reservation, excursion, beverage package....

I am getting a bit annoyed with Royal. I was told, after multiple calls, to complete the web help form and someone would contact me within 72 hours. No one contacted me. I called back again and a very helpful person told me that the person who could fix this problem would call me back between 11 and 7 yesterday. No one called me back. I am about 6 calls in with multiple broken promises. This is very poor costumer service.

Paul

I had a similar problem once and it was a super easy fix; once the cause was discovered.

Somehow my name was updated/changed in the system from first name "Jason" and middle initial "W" to first name "Jason W" with no middle initial.

When that was updated/changed on their end it locked me out of everything. I couldn't access the C&A page, My Cruises or anything!

I couldn't even find my name in the TA website using my C&A number.

Well I checked my reservation this morning and I was able to get in. Everything was there I was able to make a payment and view my invoice. I don't know if it is back up and running for everyone I hope it is. Just wanted to let you all know so you could try. Good luck.

Originally Posted by dpmfloyd viewpost.gif

So I have some time to kill on Friday and I call again. (Figure the old adage, If you don't succeed the first time, try, try try again)

This time C&A rep tells me that my oldest son's c&a # somehow get attached to wifes name which is under the second reservation. The oldest son (under 18) was under my reservation #. Anyway, because she now had his number and was listed in a different cabin and he had the same number, it messed everything up. I asked why the 2nd, 3rd and 4th person that I talked to over the last month couldn't see that (obviously I could of figured it out if I could have seen the reservation). She could not provide a response. Anyway... Finally, Finally, I can see both reservations again. but I'm sure I will have to deal with this again because her documents have a C&A number that no longer exists and now has my sons old number and he has a new number but his docs have her number on them. Get all that.. Royal Caribbean needs some help....:confused:

I was going to come back to this thread as we found out yesterday that yes it was the names that caused what others are seeing as well. Somehow my wife's name on our res had her first and middle in the first name. Since that didn't match her C&A number the res was "locked" Once they corrected the name we were in like we used to be. :)

I had three reservations having this problem. I was sent an email and told to call 1-800-526-9723 C&A and they were able to fix the issues. Missing birthdate, wrong C&A number entered and I can't remember the third.

The changes made to the reservation system on Oct 28th requires alot more data be entered by the TA's and CVP's now. If the info they enter doesn't match exactly to your C&A account (which is in a different system) this error occurs. At least that is what I was told and he was able to get mine fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem as many of you:

The name on this reservation and loyalty account do not match.

My full name is "Tore Fredrik Dolk". When we took our first cruise back in 2008 I was able to book under the name "Fredrik Dolk". I became a member in C&A under that name.

When we took our second cruise the rules had changed and I had to book the cruise under my first namn Tore. When we got back from that cruise I didn't receive my cruise points, so I had to contact RCI to get it fixed.

When this error occurred for this cruise I was told by RCI:s Nordic crew that my C&A name was wrong and that they had corrected it. A week later, when I still couldn't access my reservation I contacted them again and was told that they somehow had misspelled my name when they tried to correct it. :mad:

Now I'm waiting for their system to update again and match each other. I just e-mailed them again and told them to check my wife's name, since she has changed her last name after our first cruise.

Our final payment is due December 19. I'm starting to get a little bit nervous. I hope they have some procedure to receive my final payment in another way than through the reservation online.

I have no further dinner reservations to make. I only want to pay and be done with it.