Q&A Answers Discussion 2013

Thought I'd start this thread ready for this evening so we can discuss the answers of the Q&A, as the threads on there usually get locked after the Q&A is finished (they did last time anyway). Let's hope we get all of our questions answered, and we get the answer we want to hear. :D

Yes I agree that some questions won't be answered but even those that don't will, I trust inform Fraser of our concerns and help him appreciate what his customers feel is important and integral to the Thomson product. This may feed into business decisions in the future in terms of making changes - and keeping some things the same!

Somebody has started to merge threads. Its a right mess now, 5 questions in some threads, all different. Questions are going to get missed!

There is some odd merging going on!!! :eek:

Would have been easier if it was just left as it was really wouldn't it.

Think just no Odessa on the 7 night cruises. Ex-UK was a strange answer wasn't it! I think it might be going too.

oh I see....maybe 2 weekers in the black sea, that would be nice....very nice:cool:

ex uk has a bit of a history of this....goes for a couple of seasons then has a break (for a few years)

wonder if its spirit thats going for good? or are they considering redeploying it somewhere else??

A quick summary while there's a break in the questions:

- Spirit and Majesty leases not yet decided. Could be extended, could be replaced.

- Sensatori Cruises isn't happening.

- Odessa not possible in a 7 night Black Sea. Extra day at sea on Crimean Discovery because of distances. Nessebar could return in 2015. 14 night options could increase.

- £10 per person policy in travel agents is currently a trial.

- Website work underway, including a new booking process.

- No plan to make safes free.

- New build ships and newer vessels are being considered, just like last year.

- Northern Europe for 2015 not confirmed. Ex-UK might not return for 2015.

- Shore Excursion team are encouraging people to talk one-to-one about going independent ashore.

- Underused areas on ships, such as Waters Edge and Sports Deck on Dream are being reviewed.

- Platinum is based on questionnaire scores and that the areas on the ship have a stylish look and feel. Refurbs on Dream and Celebration were just part of the announcement, not the driver of change. Work being done on Celebration currently.

- Dream and Majesty swap for 2014 didn't happen as the benefits for itineraries and customers wasn't significant enough.

- Onboard credit for ex-UK cruises can't be based on number of nights currently as system can't do this.

- Greek homeporting issues with crewing no longer applies.

Edited by Sailaway487

oh I see....maybe 2 weekers in the black sea, that would be nice....very nice:cool:

ex uk has a bit of a history of this....goes for a couple of seasons then has a break (for a few years)

wonder if its spirit thats going for good? or are they considering redeploying it somewhere else??

More 2 week Black Sea itineraries I think would be a good idea.

Could be that if Spirit goes and there isn't a replacement, then they can't do ex-UK. Can't really where else they could go really in the summer. :confused:

Was looking at a cruise around the Fjords in the near future, but looks like I might have to seriously look a next year then as it might be the last year for a while.

my 'little thank you' was so little...i couldn't find it?:rolleyes:;)

I knew you would say something Geo - can't believe his reply on this; how do they know their repeat bookers? Clearly they don't as you have received nothing this year having been on 3 cruises with them & I don't think Kruzseeka has ever had anything either - I actually find his reply quite insulting & I don't go on as many cruises as you or Kruzseeka!

I knew you would say something Geo - can't believe his reply on this; how do they know their repeat bookers? Clearly they don't as you have received nothing this year having been on 3 cruises with them & I don't think Kruzseeka has ever had anything either - I actually find his reply quite insulting & I don't go on as many cruises as you or Kruzseeka!

suspect it may be first time returners that get a 'little something'? ;)

not the likes of myself & kruszee....we're basically to loyal for loyalty :rolleyes::(