Any Tricks for Arriving at NY Dock?

seacrystal

We will be staying one night pre-cruise in NY for our Canada/New England cruise this October. We are staying on 46th Street. Since I have heard that taxis are backed up approaching the cruise terminal, does anyone have any tricks on getting to the terminal - like dropping off at a side street and walking the last little bit? Or approaching from another area?

Thanks in advance.:D

• 2 weeks later...

trish1c and fat joe,

Thanks for the info. I figured traffic would be awful and I didn't know if walking with luggage was "doable." Our luggage has wheels but I don't want them falling off on the walk.:eek:

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Go with the flow. The driver will probably suggest dropping you off very close to the terminal rather than at curbside if there is a lot of congestion (few drivers like to sit with the meter running instead of driving), but if you can be dropped off where a porter will take your luggage the convenience is worth a couple of minutes and a couple of dollars. You could have the driver leave you at the S.S. Intrepid and walk to the cruise terminal from there. That is on the same side of the street. In this case the street I refer to is the West Side Highway, not one of my favorite places to cross with luggage.

I originally wanted to walk but I think it might be too far. We will be on 46th Street and I hate to take a taxi but not knowing the dock area, I didn't know if that was too far to try to walk with rolled luggage. I will check out the location of the Intrepid.

Thanks again!:D

Archived