Epic Review - November 2013

poffles

Lately I've read a lot of reviews talking about the ship rocking, more noticeably than other ships.

Do you think the rocking is a bigger issue in Eastern Caribbean waters than when it's in the Mediterranean?

Not having sailed the Mediterranean I can't compare, hopefully someone else can. That said, having sailed Eastern Caribbean three times and this one being so bad the entire time and the waters not being bad, I would bet money it would happen even in the Mediterranean unless the water is like glass over there or the wind is nonexistent. Most of the sailing over there is pretty close to shore or in harbours though isn't it, so might be better.

Edited by poffles

Not having sailed the Mediterranean I can't compare, hopefully someone else can. That said, having sailed Eastern Caribbean three times and this one being so bad the entire time and the waters not being bad, I would bet money it would happen even in the Mediterranean unless the water is like glass over there or the wind is nonexistent. Most of the sailing over there is pretty close to shore or in harbours though isn't it, so might be better.

It's interesting that you bring up the rocking of the ship - I wonder if different captains do different thing? By that I mean, would some use the stabilizers and ballast tanks more so than others?

I'm only asking because other than our first night on the Epic, she was smooth as silk (and I am pretty sure there is a different captain on the ship now).