BluRay player on Spirit

Tothesunset

We have just got the first season of Breaking Bad on BluRay to take on our Caribbean cruise next week. It now strikes me that I don't know if the suites have a BluRay player.

Can anyone tell me if we will be able to watch the discs in our suite (106)?

Edited by Tothesunset

We have just got the first season of Breaking Bad on BluRay to take on our Caribbean cruise next week. It now strikes me that I don't know if the suites have a BluRay player.

Can anyone tell me if we will be able to watch the discs in our suite (106)?

No, the DVD player in the suites are not BluRay but if you have a BluRay laptop with the correct cable you can connect it to the TV.

The second solution is simply to buy a BluRay player (really cheap these days) and plug it into the ships' TV and then leave it behind for somebody else to enjoy or take it home with you.

No, the DVD player in the suites are not BluRay but if you have a BluRay laptop with the correct cable you can connect it to the TV.

The second solution is simply to buy a BluRay player (really cheap these days) and plug it into the ships' TV and then leave it behind for somebody else to enjoy or take it home with you.

Good idea - the cheap player, that is. I take it the TV has an hdmi port?

Good idea - the cheap player, that is. I take it the TV has an hdmi port?

Not 100% sure on the HDMI, I have never looked. You might have to downgrade to RGB but I don't think the TV's onboard are 1080 anyway.

The BluRay quality will be lost in either case, but you can still view if you wish.

Not 100% sure on the HDMI, I have never looked. You might have to downgrade to RGB but I don't think the TV's onboard are 1080 anyway.

The BluRay quality will be lost in either case, but you can still view if you wish.

OK. Easy enough to take ann hdmi and rgb. Thanks.