Fly Aweigh to San Juan

Iceman2003

I understand that most users recommend purchasing their own airfare but I am looking at the Valor out of San Juan and Carnival's airfare is about $95 less per person (there are seven of us) than what I can get on my own (leaving out of NYC) in August 2014. Has anyone ever booked Carnival's airfare for this cruise out of NYC area? If so, did you get a direct flight? How soon before the cruise did you get your flight information? Were there any problems or regrets? I am planning on monitoring airfare until final payment to see if the prices come down.

Any info or feedback would be appreciated.

I understand that most users recommend purchasing their own airfare but I am looking at the Valor out of San Juan and Carnival's airfare is about $95 less per person (there are seven of us) than what I can get on my own (leaving out of NYC) in August 2014. Has anyone ever booked Carnival's airfare for this cruise out of NYC area? If so, did you get a direct flight? How soon before the cruise did you get your flight information? Were there any problems or regrets? I am planning on monitoring airfare until final payment to see if the prices come down.

I'd monitor air fare... I like having the flexibility of booking my own airfare so I can make changes if needed.... Also keep in mind this is an expensive time of the year to book flights... We just happened to get a 20% coupon for JetBlue for our flights out of CT for January... keep looking...

I'd keep checking. Delta, American and JetBlue all fly nonstop from JFK. In addition, United and JetBlue also fly from EWR, and JetBlue flies from LGA.

The NYC-SJU market is highly competitive as you can see and it's not uncommon to see roundtrip airfare drop into the $200's, specially during low season.

• 1 month later...

Did you have to call CCL to obtain their airfare pricing or did you find it on their website? We will be sailing on the Valor out of SJ in October.