Distance from Crown Plaza Airport/Cruiseport to Total Wine

shutterbug63

Yes, technically it's within "walking distance", but it's easily an 8-10 block walk from that hotel to the Harbor Shops if you stay on the main roads (US1 to 17th St). Even though it's not the worst neighborhood, it's not particularly pedestrian friendly. S Florida is not particularly pedestrian friendly. And schlepping your purchases back to the hotel will make it feel even longer, especially since it'll be quite dark by that time and you'll be in unfamiliar territory. You might want to combine your shopping trip with a bite to eat, there's plenty of restaurants in the 17th St vicinity, and catch a cab over & back.

Yes, technically it's within "walking distance", but it's easily an 8-10 block walk from that hotel to the Harbor Shops if you stay on the main roads (US1 to 17th St). Even though it's not the worst neighborhood, it's not particularly pedestrian friendly. S Florida is not particularly pedestrian friendly. And schlepping your purchases back to the hotel will make it feel even longer, especially since it'll be quite dark by that time and you'll be in unfamiliar territory. You might want to combine your shopping trip with a bite to eat, there's plenty of restaurants in the 17th St vicinity, and catch a cab over & back.

Thanks...I think we'll opt for a cab. :-)

I'm thinking if you cut through the back of the Harbor shops, it is pretty close.

I would walk if I didn't have to carry so much wine back with me!

Just looked at a map and it looks like seven blocks down Miami Road. The area is fine at night. Very safe.

Edited by BlueHerons

I would walk there and take a taxi back. You'll have parcels to carry.

Along the way you might pass by homeless people or prostitutes, but it is not a dangerous area. I used to have an office a half block from US1 in that neighborhood and felt comfortable going to my car at night. Sometimes we had to kick homeless people off the property in the morning and throw away their bottles, but no real problems. :)

I would walk there and take a taxi back. You'll have parcels to carry.

Along the way you might pass by homeless people or prostitutes, but it is not a dangerous area. I used to have an office a half block from US1 in that neighborhood and felt comfortable going to my car at night. Sometimes we had to kick homeless people off the property in the morning and throw away their bottles, but no real problems. :)

I walk around Las Olas at night by myself at night around Roccos Tacos and there are a few homeless there but they never bother me. I'm usually running to the 7/11 for a coca cola or something.

Great call on taking a cab back to the hotel.

Edited by BlueHerons

I walk around Las Olas at night by myself at night around Roccos Tacos and there are a few homeless there but they never bother me. I'm usually running to the 7/11 for a coca cola or something.

Great call on taking a cab back to the hotel.

LOL! Blue, You know that the neighborhood on US 1 between 17th and 84 is not half as nice as by Rocco's on Las Olas! :D