Clever Cunard Marketing - Welcome Home!

QM2Cruiser

I received a small booklet through the post yesterday following a short cruise we took on QM2 earlier this month. Obviously a new thing from the new management of Cunard, and in my opinion, a step in the right direction.

What impressed me was the level of personalisation. Name, correct Captain, and date of next booked cruise. Obviously it all comes straight from a database, but it's a nice touch. If this is the start of things to come from the new team at the top - keep them coming! (Or am I just too easily impressed?!) :o

Ive tried to attach some pictures of it - hopefully they will have worked!

Cover.jpg.7deb33a6d420ccf2c9d0b09dffd51e6a.jpg

Inside2.jpg.ff4f51e3a4bcc295a2c841ee09271973.jpg

Edited by QM2Cruiser

Yes, good idea if it woks for all of us. I never receive anything through the post from Cunard. Not even a Cunarder magazine and I have been diamond member for years. It annoys me as we miss out all because I have an overseas address.:mad::mad:

Yes, good idea if it woks for all of us. I never receive anything through the post from Cunard. Not even a Cunarder magazine and I have been diamond member for years. It annoys me as we miss out all because I have an overseas address.:mad::mad:

That's rough. It won't be any consolation, but the Cunarder magazine we get in Oz has to be an abridged version, it's very thin, just a couple of pages.

I received an email from Cunard in October when I returned from the QM2. It thanked me for being their guest and looked forward to seeing me again. I realized it was computer-generated but the intent is good.

Bit of a giggle I reckon

The principle problem with Cunard ( In my humble opinion ) , and allowing for

the deep discounting going on a year out, is in the very document they are mass

producing and in particular the attached image.

attachment.php?attachmentid=294328&d=1385631985

Any guesses ?? :rolleyes:

Another clue well actually 2 :cool:

xi1.jpg

Bit of a giggle I reckon

The principle problem with Cunard ( In my humble opinion ) , and allowing for

the deep discounting going on a year out, is in the very document they are mass

producing and in particular the attached image.

attachment.php?attachmentid=294328&d=1385631985

Any guesses ?? :rolleyes:

Another clue well actually 2 :cool:

xi1.jpg

I have no idea what meaningful connection exists between those two photographs.

Perhaps I'm missing a more important message of some sort, but the only thing I see in common is that the three men depicted are not wearing neckties. SHOCKING?- Not!!!

Edited by Salacia

[smiling]

Yes, and since it is the Cunard forum, no doubt many are aware that neckties are not worn by men in many (most?) parts of the world. To offer as a comparison a photo appearing in a Cunard publication by an executive (where a necktie is traditional) and a photo taken at the US Mission in Geneva (where the custom is to be more universal in style) in an effort to illustrate "the principle problem" with Cunard is, to me - curious .

Edited by Salacia

Isn't this just another matketing ploy as the letter refers to other cruises further on in the leaflet?

Seems to me that is the case...and meanwhile, we get to print out all our voyage information, e-tickets, etc. because Cunard is has gone "green". ;)

[smiling]

Yes, and since it is the Cunard forum, no doubt many are aware that neckties are not worn by men in many (most?) parts of the world. To offer as a comparison a photo appearing in a Cunard publication by an executive (where a necktie is traditional) and a photo taken at the US Mission in Geneva (where the custom is to be more universal in style) in an effort to illustrate "the principle problem" with Cunard is, to me - curious .

I think that there are some here who can't help but yearn for the "good old days" --a>

:) Barry

Edited by bazzaw