Conquest 8-night repositioning cruise 11/16-11/24 w/pics

NCTribeFan

I thought the "horn-off" when leaving Grand Turk between Conquest and Glory was pretty good. I was a little surprised that the horns were a different tone, considering that they're sister ships. Glory's was a slightly higher note and seemed a little louder. I was standing up on Deck 10, aft, and it was pretty loud, even that far back.

On my solo Fantasy cruise last May, we were in port with another Fantasy-class ship in Freeport (Sensation, I think). That was the first Dueling Horns I'd experienced. We left first and they just went back and forth and back and forth, over and over. You'd think they were done and one of them would let out another blurt and then the other would just have to respond! It was great!

I loved your review and I would absolutely love to do the cruise from SJ to Miami - those ports sound amazing and not ports that they go to often at least Carnival that is. Oh I wish! Enjoy that cruise and I will have to live it through you with your review.

Thanks for the review,we leave on the conquest Jan 26th and she sounds wonderful.

I just did the southern route on Celebrity from San Juan. They aren't as expensive as you might think, they don't charge the double fee like carnival for a single. Its only 1.5 the regular fare plus you don't have the extra taxes.. Example for me was a thanksgiving trip, so more expensive, I paid 1500 for an aqua class balcony cabin. That is basically a spa balcony on carnival. They have some great itineraries and they stop in Dominica which I fell in love with, can't wait to explore a little bit more of that island.

Hello, stranger! Come with me! Prices are incredibly low. I booked at only about $30 more than my final Conquest fare, which dropped three times. Solo 1A for a total of right around $100/night. If I get someone to join me, it will be incredibly cheap! You could leave the men at home and join me! ;)

Of course, I'll just HAVE to get to San Juan at least one day early, so that adds to the cost. But you can get some very good rates through Priceline and Hotwire.

I want to do a mock booking on the SJ to Miami so I can estimate the cost for a balcony and tips but everytime I click on "Learn More" I get technical support staff have been notified and are working to resolve the issue. This has happened to me the last 2 days. I can do this on any other cruise I was looking at but not this one. Have tried on my 3 computers at the house and a few at work so Carnival is having the problem. Starting to get a little frustrated. I am an IT professional so this is unacceptable to me.

SnB - Yeah, the "learn more" tab isn't working. It isn't you! I just go through the booking process all the way up until signing in, which gave me exactly the same as what my PVP got when I called him. As of yesterday, this sailing still wasn't showing up on online agency sites. They all still had SJ-NY.

Sfdtiller - thanks for that info. I even bought 100 shares of RCL a few months ago so that when I branch out I'll still get some shareholder benefits. ;)

I've been "trying" to get away from Carnival for a few years now (since my fabulous 14-night HAL to Hawaii), but I keep coming back. Being able to drive to Charleston is a big advantage (to me). I love dear old Fantasy, so those are easy to do a short, relaxing cruise.

And now I'm approaching Milestone, so figure I'll keep sailing Carnival until I get that biggie. I'm hoping to do a Panama Canal for my Milestone. Then I'll probably move on. Maybe. We'll see.

For now, if I can find these great repositioning cruises, I'll keep booking them.

Thx for a great review. I just looked at the SJ -MIA cruise you mention for 11/1/14. Wow! Even if I do it as a solo it's still a great price. I'm seriously thinking about it. Will know for sure by the start of the New Year. I was seriously thinking of trying another line, as I'm getting tired of Carnival. But I like this itinerary.

I'm also having issue with the site. Bummer.

Edited by Kfoot

I know! The minute I saw it I had to check the prices and they are incredibly low. I'm pretty sure Conquest wasn't full (maybe that had something to do with their decision to cancel the two Pride repo segments). So - maybe - they'll drop the prices even more.

It really is time-consuming to write these things, but I know I really enjoying reading other reviews, especially when I have a cruise booked. I try to be thorough so hope I don't bore people to death! :o

I enjoy reading your reviews and have gotten quite a few tips. I don't find them boring at all. In fact, I'm looking forward to sailing on the Fantasy very soon!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good to hear! Come join the Roll Call! We're already on the 2nd page. Angela is going to try to keep all the lists off-site so we don't end up with 200 pages with no one able to find anything or remember what someone said a week prior. :p

Everyone else, come join us, too. It's going to be wonderful!!

Happy Holiday to All!

NCTribeFan

Thanks for your wonderful review of the Conquest. I will be sailing on her January 19th. I plan to do a review as well but wasn't sure how to go about it. I think I read that you wrote it in Word, copy and pasted pics, then copied to CC? Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the review. Going on Conquest January 12 and looking for any and all info on her. Been on Glory pre 2.0 upgrade. I do think that pig patty is the first thing on my agenda. Then the fish and chips. Do they have a dedicated seating area upstairs for the fish and chips? Took possession of a booth up there sailing home from Canada to NYC in hurricane type conditions and read my book....nice centered spot on the ship and always very private.

I got a good laugh out of your description of Bernard and his rum punch. DH got absolutely trashed on it on the way back to the ship on his tour. I have pics of DH sleeping in the back seat of the van with his mouth gaping open like a giant fish from that punch!!!!

Hmmm. Only lets me quote two posts. Thought I could do as many as I wanted.

Anyway, lisajm, yes I write it up in Word, then copy and paste and add pictures. I'm always surprised at how long it takes! Of course, I do rather tend to go on and on. :p

Great review and pics!! I would love to sail on one of those repositioning sailing. I'm going to look into it for November as a birthday present to myself.:)

Join us! There's already someone on the Roll Calll celebrating hers, so I'm just going to go ahead and celebrate mine a little bit early. :D

Thanks for the review. Going on Conquest January 12 and looking for any and all info on her. Been on Glory pre 2.0 upgrade. I do think that pig patty is the first thing on my agenda. Then the fish and chips. Do they have a dedicated seating area upstairs for the fish and chips? Took possession of a booth up there sailing home from Canada to NYC in hurricane type conditions and read my book....nice centered spot on the ship and always very private.

I got a good laugh out of your description of Bernard and his rum punch. DH got absolutely trashed on it on the way back to the ship on his tour. I have pics of DH sleeping in the back seat of the van with his mouth gaping open like a giant fish from that punch!!!!

I love it up there. It's also very convenient if you're sitting outside in a lounger and want coffee/tea/water/lemonade. There's a drink station portside.

Yeah, I really knew better than to touch the rum punch. I just rarely drink hard liquor and knew I'd be plastered by lunchtime. I probably should've had one, little cup before we got back to the ship, but I'm really careful to not waste any of my cruise time being wasted. You know? ;)

I'm stunned to find out that Splendor doesn't have the 2.0, so no Pig Patty for me next November. AND there's no F&C!!! The deck plans show "rotisserie" up there. Boo! I'm sure I'll just starve to death!!

I'm shocked....I just looked at a schedule I have of Carnival 2.0 upgrades.....and According to it Splendor isn't even scheduled for the upgrade. Very odd. I was careful when I picked this cruise to get one with a 2.0, being that I had been on Glory already pre 2.0. Hey, a cruise is a cruise....I'm taking this one because of the ports, was originally wanting to cruise on NCL Epic but when I saw the ports..Nassau again!

I am, Nancy! And it just so happens that DD paid me back $500 today while she was home. So that, on top of the Christmas bonus from work, plus the fact that they're actually going to pay out our excess paid-time-off (yes, I actually have about 20 hours over the 40 that I can carry over; even with all my cruise days), I'm fairly solvent! :p

The solo deposit on Splendor was $600, so I may wait until the next billing cycle on my credit card and book it then, but I do want to go. One of the gals who went with me in September wants to go but she's in the middle of a nasty divorce. Her abusive husband thinks she should pay him alimony. Amazing!

My tablemate, J, has a sister in Charlotte and said she might be interested in visiting her and maybe working in a Fantasy cruise. She usually can't get off work during the first part of the month, though.

Good to hear! Come join the Roll Call! We're already on the 2nd page. Angela is going to try to keep all the lists off-site so we don't end up with 200 pages with no one able to find anything or remember what someone said a week prior. :p

Everyone else, come join us, too. It's going to be wonderful!!

Happy Holiday to All!

I just read the 8 pages on that roll call and looked at Angela's spreadsheet. When I book I will formally join the roll call. Just remembered I was in Martinique in 1997 with another cruise line but definitely need to go back. Absolutely love the itinerary. :D

SnB - you should join us on Fantasy, too. I know a lot of people don't care for the smaller, older ships, but I just love her. I mean, you're right there! Yeah, it's "just" to the Bahamas (at least this one calls at Little Stirrup Cay), but for a shorter get-away, I love it. Pads my attempt to get to Milestone, too. ;)

There's really very little about Martinique on the POC board. I imagine it isn't a popular port for Americans because, well, you know, we expect everyone in the world to speak English. How dare a French island be full of people who only speak French? How dare they not learn English just so they can make our lives easier for one day because we're so special and THEY should learn a foreign language for our convenience? :(

Anyway, again, I invite everyone to come join us on Splendor. And I hope everyone yet to cruise on Conquest has found this thread of some help and entertainment value! :D

NC you are right. I am "right there" I can leave my house and be to the port in 7 to 8 minutes. Vacation time is an issue since I am going back to Las Vegas for my birthday this year and various other time off. Next year I get 4 weeks vacation and will plan at least 2 cruises. Guess I better brush up on my French again. :D

I haven't quite figured out how I manage to carry over 40 hours PTO each year, given that I've been cruising 2-3 times a year. I don't take many sick days, though. Too bad I don't earn extra time for those 60-70 hour weeks during tax season, right?!

Every time I think I'm going to take a land vacation, I end up booking a cruise instead. I just can't help myself!

Perhaps we can get together before I sail on 5/6 on Fantasy. I always drive down the day before. Since we sail on a Tuesday, maybe I'll come down on Sunday and have all day Monday to wander around, sightsee, and eat shrimp and grits! Maybe I can even convince you to let me rent parking space in your driveway so I don't have to find a parking package at a hotel! ;)

Perhaps, between the two of us, we can manage more than "Ou est les toillettes?" Or "Je voudrais un pain au chocolat, s'il vous plait!" :p

Forgive me but I don't feel like combing pages of posts for the answer and would like to know the current update....in the Conquest dining rooms on Casual nights (not dress up, obviously) men can wear nice jeans, right? How about shorts, as long as they are nice near the knee length cargo type shorts? What I have to drag with me to Florida depends on the answer!

Forgive me but I don't feel like combing pages of posts for the answer and would like to know the current update....in the Conquest dining rooms on Casual nights (not dress up, obviously) men can wear nice jeans, right? How about shorts, as long as they are nice near the knee length cargo type shorts? What I have to drag with me to Florida depends on the answer!

Yes, you can wear both on Casual nights. I saw jeans and nice shorts in the MDR. :D