cruising with a stroller

megann831

We'll be going on a cruise in April with our 4 year old and our son will be almost 2. We're stopping a Disney for a day and 2 days in the Bahamas, going on the Carnival Pride. We definitely need a stroller. I can get our son to nap in the house, and bed time is not a problem, but it's alot easier to get him to nap in a stroller or car. We only have a jogging stroller (BOB Revolution) I love it and I've found other strollers don't maneuver well at all, and I want our son to be able to sleep comfortably in it. We'll be using it at Disney but that will probably be the only port. We have a suite so we do have a little extra room, and I think there is extra room on the balcony with the suite. Do you think it would be horribly awkward to but around a jogging stroller on a cruise? I use it as my everyday stroller and have never had a problem with it or find it too big.

We'll be going on a cruise in April with our 4 year old and our son will be almost 2. We're stopping a Disney for a day and 2 days in the Bahamas, going on the Carnival Pride. We definitely need a stroller. I can get our son to nap in the house, and bed time is not a problem, but it's alot easier to get him to nap in a stroller or car. We only have a jogging stroller (BOB Revolution) I love it and I've found other strollers don't maneuver well at all, and I want our son to be able to sleep comfortably in it. We'll be using it at Disney but that will probably be the only port. We have a suite so we do have a little extra room, and I think there is extra room on the balcony with the suite. Do you think it would be horribly awkward to but around a jogging stroller on a cruise? I use it as my everyday stroller and have never had a problem with it or find it too big.

I've never used a BOB, but the only problem I see running into with a stroller is it being too wide to get down the hallway when housekeeping carts are present (which is almost always when kids are awake). We had a First Years Jet stroller which doesn't always roll smoothly, but any wider and we would have had a lot of problems navigating around the dining room and hallways. It was just skinny enough to fit everywhere.

You will want a stroller on the ship....the ships are huge...lots of walking! I don't know about THAT stroller, but you will need something!!

You need to know that hallways are narrow....if the stroller fits on a normal sidewalk with room for others to pass by, then it should be ok.

We just use an umbrella stroller when we travel, but use a BOB other times.

I've seen them on ships and think you'll be fine. Possibly won't fit in the dining room. However, if your son will nap in a smaller stroller, then go with that.

• 2 weeks later...

We took our BOB on Carnival Liberty. It was too wide to get through the cabin door. We had to take the wheels off and fold it up to get through the door. Just depends how worth it it is to you to have that particular stroller on the trip. It definitely came in handy especially on the beaches. Most strollers wouldn't make it through the sand but, BOB did! We sat on deck a few times after excursions to let our son finish his nap so we didn't have to take him out of the stroller to get him in the cabin. There is plenty of storage space for the stroller under the beds. The room stewards were really good about vacuuming sand out of the stroller after we returned from the beach! Hope that helps.

It's not just the housekeeping carts. It's other passengers. If it's that wide someone will have to back up to a wider opening/hallway and it if were me and your too wide stroller I don't think I'd walk backwards so you could go forward. Those hallways are really long. This could be a 5-10 minute detour each time you meet someone.

The bigger issue, of course, would be how would you possibly get by the housekeeping carts. They take half the hallway and passengers have to walk behind each other to get by them.

You will want a stroller on the ship....the ships are huge...lots of walking! I don't know about THAT stroller, but you will need something!!

You need to know that hallways are narrow....if the stroller fits on a normal sidewalk with room for others to pass by, then it should be ok.

our stroller never left the room unless we were on port, dd was 14 months, she walked everywhere or was carried. I have no plans of using the stroller on the ship this time either, she's 2, she can walk.

So not everyone would want/use a stroller on ship.

You could put the bob under the bed, if nothing else or in the shower when you're not taking one! We bought an umbrella stroller, I hate those things, but dd loves it way more than our big stroller.

I have a jogging stroller and i never had a problem with it on the cruises we have been on... I used it every single time i left the room with it and in my room it wasnt a problem. Now we are cruising with a 4 year old and my 6 month old baby... I dont want to bring my double stroller as my 4 year old becomes lazy to walk after a while on ports so i am bringing my peg perego skate and attach a jumper seat just incase.

I have a four and two year old also. I plan on bringing two umbrella strollers with a lock at Baby's R Us. That way, we can lock them together when we want so only one of us has to push them or if we want to push them separately due to room issues or whatever we can unlock it and push them separately.

Edited by AmandaEnzo

We took the BOB on a 10 day Panama Canal cruise with our 2 year old last year. We only used the stroller for port days. It needed to be folded up every time there was a housekeeping cart in the hallway (which was nearly every time we left or came back). But the hallways are really narrow - I'm not sure if an umbrella stroller could get past a housekeeping cart. We were really happy with the BOB, but will be taking an umbrella stroller this year since our son is 3, and he really can get around well all by himself. At 2, we were glad to have the BOB. But it might have been a different situation if we had intended on using it on the ship.