W GNTY Junior Suite assignment?

Had a balcony and upgraded after final payment. Upgrade was a week or so ago and cruise isn't that far off.

Question/s.. "Normal" wait to find out what cabin your assigned? Had a balcony Gty on Liberty one other time and it was assigned in about a day. lol

Anyone have much luck scoring something better than the Jr Suite?

Sorry for the questions as I'm sure they've been addressed 100 times here before!

Thanks in advance!

When my husband and I upgraded to a jr. suite guarantee 3 weeks before our Allure cruise this past January, I kept going into my reservation in Royal's website, and that's where I found out what my cabin # was.

That's what I've been doing (all too often I might add!)... Still nothing! Maybe we'll get a BIG surprise and score something higher than the Jr.?! One can hope right!? lol

That's what I've been doing (all too often I might add!)... Still nothing! Maybe we'll get a BIG surprise and score something higher than the Jr.?! One can hope right!? lol

It would be great if you did! But, remember, even if you don't, you likely paid less than an assigned Jr. Suite, so you still come out ahead!

It would be great if you did! But, remember, even if you don't, you likely paid less than an assigned Jr. Suite, so you still come out ahead!

Yes, taking a guarantee is taking a chance your room will not be in a prime location. But, you usually get a good room for a great price.

We upgraded from an outside to a balcony guarantee for our recently completed TA. The price was VERY good. While we do not always book a balcony --it made a big difference in this long voyage.

When we were assigned the room was more forward than we would have booked. [but, had no motion issues--so lesson learned for us] However, we scored an E3 cabin on deck 7 [bigger and mini fridge] rather than the D2 and D1 on Deck 6 that did not have these.

Yes, I'm going to be more than happy with the Jr. Suite (that's what I expect to get) and will come out way ahead! I'll be happy with it wherever it's located. I'd just like to know one of these days! :) I hold very little hope of it being "better" than a Jr. but there's still that little bitty sliver of hope still! LOL

Only a few weeks away and still no assignment dang it! lol

Yes, I'm going to be more than happy with the Jr. Suite (that's what I expect to get) and will come out way ahead! I'll be happy with it wherever it's located. I'd just like to know one of these days! :) I hold very little hope of it being "better" than a Jr. but there's still that little bitty sliver of hope still! LOL

Only a few weeks away and still no assignment dang it! lol

I have heard that those that are assigned later have a better chance of getting the higher category. So, we are crossing our fingers. :D

I have heard that those that are assigned later have a better chance of getting the higher category. So, we are crossing our fingers. :D

I too switched from an assigned balcony cabin (originally booked guarantee balcony cabin category X and was assigned an E2 cabin on deck 7) to a guarantee junior suite. This was 9 days ago and I sail on JOS in just 6 days. Still seeing cabin # GTY when I look at my reservation :( . I'm still holding out hope that my cabin will be assigned before we sail but here is my theory on the hold up.

When I look at availability for my sailing, only suite available is the Royal Suite. Both Owner Suite and Two Bedroom Suite show as available for waitlisting. No other suites or balcony cabins are available to book or waitlist. So it stands to reason (to me anyway), that RCCL is waiting until the last minute to upgrade someone in an OS or TS to the RS. Then they will upgrade a GS to the open OS or TS thus leaving a GS open for someone in a JS to upgrade to and voila my JS cabin is assigned to me. Of course I think RCCL should just skip all that upgrading nonsense and assign the RS to me :D.

Cheri

I too switched from an assigned balcony cabin (originally booked guarantee balcony cabin category X and was assigned an E2 cabin on deck 7) to a guarantee junior suite. This was 9 days ago and I sail on JOS in just 6 days. Still seeing cabin # GTY when I look at my reservation :( . I'm still holding out hope that my cabin will be assigned before we sail but here is my theory on the hold up.

When I look at availability for my sailing, only suite available is the Royal Suite. Both Owner Suite and Two Bedroom Suite show as available for waitlisting. No other suites or balcony cabins are available to book or waitlist. So it stands to reason (to me anyway), that RCCL is waiting until the last minute to upgrade someone in an OS or TS to the RS. Then they will upgrade a GS to the open OS or TS thus leaving a GS open for someone in a JS to upgrade to and voila my JS cabin is assigned to me. Of course I think RCCL should just skip all that upgrading nonsense and assign the RS to me :D.

Cheri

Your theory makes sense to me! I've been thinking the same thing. Others will be upgraded from Jr. to higher, opening up the Jr. for me! :( ..and yes, I'm fine with the Jr (before someone tells me I should have booked the higher category if I really wanted it). lol

That said; how/where are you able to see wait listing info? In fact, what exactly does it mean at this juncture? As I mentioned earlier, I've done a balcony gty before and had it assigned right away. However, it was a GTY done well in advance. This time I upgraded to the W GTY well under 30 days until cruise day.

I concur on skipping the nonsense and assigning us the RS! lol

Your theory makes sense to me! I've been thinking the same thing. Others will be upgraded from Jr. to higher, opening up the Jr. for me! :( ..and yes, I'm fine with the Jr (before someone tells me I should have booked the higher category if I really wanted it). lol

That said; how/where are you able to see wait listing info? In fact, what exactly does it mean at this juncture? As I mentioned earlier, I've done a balcony gty before and had it assigned right away. However, it was a GTY done well in advance. This time I upgraded to the W GTY well under 30 days until cruise day.

I concur on skipping the nonsense and assigning us the RS! lol

I don't think you can see the categories that can be waitlisted for on the regular RCCL site. I'm a part time TA and see them on the TA site. I believe someone can waitlist for a particular category and if it becomes available they can book it but I don't know how it works exactly. So the question becomes what if a new passenger books the RS and/or some other new passenger waitlists for an OS, will they have any cabin left to give me, JS or otherwise? This is the type of thinking that keeps me up at night :p.

I too am going to be totally thrilled with my JS cabin and can not wait for these last few days to go by until I'm onboard. I've never sailed in higher than a JS so I don't think I'd be able to back to a "regular" balcony cabin if we somehow were upgraded to a full suite :D.

Cheri

There's no "normal" wait time for assignment. It can come tomorrow, or as late as when you get to the ship.

We've had three "W" guarantees and received two JS staterooms and one GS.

What do they do with your luggage when you arrive at port? Tell the guy "I'm so and so and I have no idea what cabin I'm staying in"?! That question popped in my head last night (as I checked for the assignment, AGAIN! lol)...

What do they do with your luggage when you arrive at port? Tell the guy "I'm so and so and I have no idea what cabin I'm staying in"?! That question popped in my head last night (as I checked for the assignment, AGAIN! lol)...

The porters have access to the manifest and can look up your stateroom.

The porters have access to the manifest and can look up your stateroom.

I realize that. If one has not been assigned one yet, it might be a little difficult though! :D

I assume if (WHEN) I get assigned one I would know about it? I'll be checking right up until we get to port.

I realize that. If one has not been assigned one yet, it might be a little difficult though! :D

I assume if (WHEN) I get assigned one I would know about it? I'll be checking right up until we get to port.

Unless something has changed with the recent web update, your reservation disappears from the website a day or so before the cruise. So you would probably have to call Royal if you wanted to check on your stateroom assignment on boarding day.

Unless something has changed with the recent web update, your reservation disappears from the website a day or so before the cruise. So you would probably have to call Royal if you wanted to check on your stateroom assignment on boarding day.

Good to know. I'd forgot about that! Hopefully they'll clue me in before that! lol.. Thanks!

That is still true!!

I got my cabin assignment today - finally!!! I don't know the exact time but it was sometime between 12:00 and 3:00 this afternoon - five days before I sail. I have what looks to be a very lovely JS cabin midship - yay :D. Now there's a GS a few doors down from my JS showing as available so there's still a slim chance I'll be upgraded but I am doubtful. I'm only just barely Diamond so there is surely someone else higher up than me that the upgrade fairy will pay a visit to. I am just so thrilled to have my JS safe and secure and assigned to me.

BTW, I was able to print my new set sail pass with the newly assigned cabin but the luggage tags still show the old balcony cabin. Does anyone know if the paper luggage tags will update or will I just have to have the porter take care of them at the pier?

Cheri

I got my cabin assignment today - finally!!! I don't know the exact time but it was sometime between 12:00 and 3:00 this afternoon - five days before I sail. I have what looks to be a very lovely JS cabin midship - yay :D. Now there's a GS a few doors down from my JS showing as available so there's still a slim chance I'll be upgraded but I am doubtful. I'm only just barely Diamond so there is surely someone else higher up than me that the upgrade fairy will pay a visit to. I am just so thrilled to have my JS safe and secure and assigned to me.

BTW, I was able to print my new set sail pass with the newly assigned cabin but the luggage tags still show the old balcony cabin. Does anyone know if the paper luggage tags will update or will I just have to have the porter take care of them at the pier?

Cheri

If you already tried clicking the "Print Luggage Tags" button, and they still show the old stateroom number, then you would have to call Royal (or travel agent if you used one) and ask them to re-issue cruise docs. This is free.

Edited by clarea

Congrats to you , Cheri!:D. We booked a GS guarantee and are still waiting for an assignment. I am going nuts! We sail in 48 days! I think if I have to wait until 5 days before, I will go insane!

Tara

I know exactly what you mean! I was seriously getting worried and was checking my reservation every few hours ever since I switched to W JS guarantee 10 days ago. I don't know what I would've been like the rest of this week if I hadn't gotten the assignment.

I hope your cabin assignment comes in soon!