W GNTY Junior Suite assignment?

If you already tried clicking the "Print Luggage Tags" button, and they still show the old stateroom number, then you would have to call Royal (or travel agent if you used one) and ask them to re-issue cruise docs. This is free.

Thanks for the response! Yes old cabin still shows up on the luggage tags so I'll give Royal a call in the morning.

Thanks!

Cheri

Thanks for the response! Yes old cabin still shows up on the luggage tags so I'll give Royal a call in the morning.

Thanks!

Cheri

I did that today as a matter of fact as my cruise is in 14 days and I still have no idea what room I am in.

When I called RCCL about getting new cruise docs, the lady told me that once I find out my stateroom number I could just scratch out the old number and write the new one on the luggage tag.

Or worst case scenario, carry my bags on board....

Do not want to be wheeling my bags around for several hours before the rooms are open.

Needless to say, no new cruise documents were sent. :confused:

I did that today as a matter of fact as my cruise is in 14 days and I still have no idea what room I am in.

When I called RCCL about getting new cruise docs, the lady told me that once I find out my stateroom number I could just scratch out the old number and write the new one on the luggage tag.

Or worst case scenario, carry my bags on board....

Do not want to be wheeling my bags around for several hours before the rooms are open.

Needless to say, no new cruise documents were sent. :confused:

We upgraded to a guarantee and tags still showed the old room - we just had the porter write out tags when we arrived at the pier. I don't know why the lady told you that you may have to wheel them on board, that is untrue and pretty ridiculous!

We upgraded to a guarantee and tags still showed the old room - we just had the porter write out tags when we arrived at the pier. I don't know why the lady told you that you may have to wheel them on board, that is untrue and pretty ridiculous!

That is what I was thinking in my head and I laughed when she said it. I will not be carrying my bags on board.

Since this is also my first time doing an upgrade after final payment as well as using a Guarantee Category (Suite GTY as well) I am little confused about how the process works and how long it takes for room assignment.

I just hate not knowing! lol

IWhen I called RCCL about getting new cruise docs, the lady told me that once I find out my stateroom number I could just scratch out the old number and write the new one on the luggage tag.

It's true what she said about writing over the old numbers though.

I got my cabin assignment today - finally!!! I don't know the exact time but it was sometime between 12:00 and 3:00 this afternoon - five days before I sail. I have what looks to be a very lovely JS cabin midship - yay :D.

Cheri

Good deal!!! :) Still no assignment here and I'm well under two weeks to sail day! Probably trying to decide if a lowly Plat like me deserves an awesome Suite instead of a Jr right?! :D

Had a balcony and upgraded after final payment. Upgrade was a week or so ago and cruise isn't that far off.

Question/s.. "Normal" wait to find out what cabin your assigned? Had a balcony Gty on Liberty one other time and it was assigned in about a day. lol

Anyone have much luck scoring something better than the Jr Suite?

Sorry for the questions as I'm sure they've been addressed 100 times here before!

Thanks in advance!

We ended up with a JS on our recent Oasis cruise under the W guarantee. We did not find out what we ended up with until the day of the cruise at the pier, so if you don't know by the time you have to head to the port, just ask the guys taking your baggage to check the manifest. They checked and advised us where we had to go. The only negative to this (other then the anticipation of waiting), was we kept getting things delivered to our room with someone elses name on it. We hadn't ordered anything to be delivered to our room, but invites and various mail kept coming to our room for another guest. We would give it to our room steward, but for some reason these things kept coming. Enjoy your cruise!

We ended up with a JS on our recent Oasis cruise under the W guarantee. We did not find out what we ended up with until the day of the cruise at the pier, so if you don't know by the time you have to head to the port, just ask the guys taking your baggage to check the manifest. They checked and advised us where we had to go. The only negative to this (other then the anticipation of waiting), was we kept getting things delivered to our room with someone elses name on it. We hadn't ordered anything to be delivered to our room, but invites and various mail kept coming to our room for another guest. We would give it to our room steward, but for some reason these things kept coming. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the input! Under two weeks and still nada for me. Just knowing I'm going to get a Jr. Suite is nice, that's for sure!

I'm doing much better about checking now though. Down to a few times a day! :D

Will post back here if/when I find out! lol

Thanks for the update!! Keep us posted Have a great time Ellen

No problem on the update! Would you like another!? :D

STILL NOTHING! Yes, I realize that's part of the deal of buying a GNTY so no need for lectures people. ;) I WILL say it's more than a little annoying though! lol Have called and "mum's the word".

Oh well! Jr. Suite (or better!) will be nice! Thanks for listening to me whine some more! :)

Hi,

We had a W guarantee on Brilliance earlier in the year and were assigned a very nice JS about 3 weeks before sailing. printed off all our paperwork and we were ready to go. We usually cruise in a JS or a D1.

Approx 5 days before sailing I was sent another set of paperwork from RCI and I opened it wondering why they had sent another invoice though. I could hardly contain myself as I read the invoice, which was a request for a further amount of about £30, because we had been upgraded to a GS - oh my word, I cant tell you have excited I was and could hardly speak to tell my DH. We received the notification on his 60th birthday - I prefer to think that was deliberate to make his birthday special.

The major draw back ?

We loved it so much that our next cruise in April is also in a GS ;)

For info: We are just short of D+

I called RCI and spoke to a very nice lady and thanked her for the unexpected upgrade....I think she though I was mad !!

We were very happy cruisers .......... (mind you, we always are!!)

:):)

Edited by Jeannie333333

Well, I just got my room assignment today and the cruise is 7 days out.

Went from Balcony to a Junior Suite GTY for only $30 more on the total price.

Was bumped up to a Grand Suite. Can't find anything wrong with that one. :D

Well, I just got my room assignment today and the cruise is 7 days out.

Went from Balcony to a Junior Suite GTY for only $30 more on the total price.

Was bumped up to a Grand Suite. Can't find anything wrong with that one. :D

That is AWESOME!:D. We booked a GS guarantee and we're also upgraded to a CL suite! This is the first upgrade we have ever received and this is our 8th cruise with RCCL! Can't wait to jump on that bed! :D

Tara

Okay! Good to hear all the "mostly positive" stories (some very much so!). I'm not exactly sure why, but I don't always share exact details of my "goings on" online. Like to retain just a smidgen of anon status I guess…old habits too I suppose…..but whatever….

Will share a little more detail now (and no, I STILL don't know where the heck I'm headed to for the next cabin!). **Note the word "next"**

We're doing B2B2B and are already ON the ship. They STILL aren't coming forth with my Jr. Suite W GNTY detail/s! :) …. In fact, guest relations shows I'm still in the same hump balcony for the next leg! I explained that I know I had that one but paid to upgrade. Like talking to a brick wall. Couldn't convey what was going on.

Anyway, a little more scoop on this ongoing soap opera for those of you who are still interested at this point!

Thanks for listening and congrats to all who've had success! That's it for now. I need to GET OUT THERE and enjoy some more sun! :D

Okay! Good to hear all the "mostly positive" stories (some very much so!). I'm not exactly sure why, but I don't always share exact details of my "goings on" online. Like to retain just a smidgen of anon status I guess…old habits too I suppose…..but whatever….

Will share a little more detail now (and no, I STILL don't know where the heck I'm headed to for the next cabin!). **Note the word "next"**

We're doing B2B2B and are already ON the ship. They STILL aren't coming forth with my Jr. Suite W GNTY detail/s! :) …. In fact, guest relations shows I'm still in the same hump balcony for the next leg! I explained that I know I had that one but paid to upgrade. Like talking to a brick wall. Couldn't convey what was going on.

Anyway, a little more scoop on this ongoing soap opera for those of you who are still interested at this point!

Thanks for listening and congrats to all who've had success! That's it for now. I need to GET OUT THERE and enjoy some more sun! :D

Thanks for the update!! Cool that you are doing a B2B2B

Finally got it. Almost disappointing to say it's "just a Jr. Suite"! lol :D

Deck 10, nice location, etc. Will be nice. Was HOPING for a surprise, but oh well! I guess that's what us lowly Plats get eh? :)

Thanks for all the comments and reading along. Never thought a GNTY could/would be such a long, drawn out affair!

Take care all!!!

Finally got it. Almost disappointing to say it's "just a Jr. Suite"! lol :D

Deck 10, nice location, etc. Will be nice. Was HOPING for a surprise, but oh well! I guess that's what us lowly Plats get eh? :)

Thanks for all the comments and reading along. Never thought a GNTY could/would be such a long, drawn out affair!

Take care all!!!

"Just a Jr. Suite" sounds good to me!!:D That's awesome and I hope you enjoy!! I am so jealous that you are on a loooooong cruise!!:D

Tara