Holland America changes carry on wine policy

quist100

Guess what! We just disembarked a collectors cruise..HAL has caught on to this on the Ryndam & did separate the Collectors cruise liquor..I thought as you ,that they would give us our liquor at the end of the first segment, but they did not..

Two weeks to the Southern Carib & back to Tampa & then one week to the Western Carib & back to Tampa..They looked at our boarding cards when they took our liquor ..The first embark date of Nov. 17 was on it & the final disembark date of Dec. 8 was on it..We did not get new boarding cards for the second segment..They put Dec 8 on our receipts & .HAL did not return our liquor purchased in San Juan until the final night before disembarkation. (Dec. 7)..

So if you want to enjoy your wine during the second half of your cruise, you might be out of luck..

Cheers...Betty

You can't win for losing can you Betty?

Thanks for the heads up - I have cruises booked that I won't cancel as I have friends and ports I want to see.

After that .............we'll see.

Guess what! We just disembarked a collectors cruise..HAL has caught on to this on the Ryndam & did separate the Collectors cruise liquor..I thought as you ,that they would give us our liquor at the end of the first segment, but they did not..

Two weeks to the Southern Carib & back to Tampa & then one week to the Western Carib & back to Tampa..They looked at our boarding cards when they took our liquor ..The first embark date of Nov. 17 was on it & the final disembark date of Dec. 8 was on it..We did not get new boarding cards for the second segment..They put Dec 8 on our receipts & .HAL did not return our liquor purchased in San Juan until the final night before disembarkation. (Dec. 7)..

So if you want to enjoy your wine during the second half of your cruise, you might be out of luck..

Cheers...Betty

Thanks Betty,

This makes me very sad.

Terri

Cheers...Betty

Oh boy, someone from HAL must have been reading Cruise Critic, LOL. Goodness me, what lengths they will go to. Thanks for the info.