Just got home from The Fascination 11/25/2013

rccranbob

Just returned home from The Fascination 11/25/2013 sailing 5 day will post review in the AM. Drove to Maryland and am a little tired. Couple notes ship was late arriving on Monday could not get into the parking lot until 12:30, they were turning everyone around with directions to a nearby shopping center, there was a Wendy's close by where a lot of people hung out. I felt sorry for those arriving in a cab. Cloudy and cool everyday, with rough seas, lost Little Stirrup Cay because of rough seas instead went to Freeport more about that in the AM. but at least it was sunny and 70's and got to go to the beach. Nassau rained all day heavy at times. I did not let this dampen my sprits I still enjoyed the cruise. Be back tomorrow for the review.:):)

Glad you had a good time and made the best of the weather. I was on the 11/16 cruise and the weather was good except for the last sea day where it rained the whole day and the seas were rough.

Just returned home from The Fascination 11/25/2013 sailing 5 day will post review in the AM. Drove to Maryland and am a little tired. Couple notes ship was late arriving on Monday could not get into the parking lot until 12:30, they were turning everyone around with directions to a nearby shopping center, there was a Wendy's close by where a lot of people hung out. I felt sorry for those arriving in a cab. Cloudy and cool everyday, with rough seas, lost Little Stirrup Cay because of rough seas instead went to Freeport more about that in the AM. but at least it was sunny and 70's and got to go to the beach. Nassau rained all day heavy at times. I did not let this dampen my sprits I still enjoyed the cruise. Be back tomorrow for the review.:):)

How was the drive? I am also a fellow Marylander. I am leaving Fri and stopping in NC for 2 nites, but debating on driving straight home on return.

We are a family of 4 My DW and 2 DD 17 and 15. We booked 2 connecting ocean view rooms on the Main level Mid ship. We headed out of Maryland Saturday mourning the 23 at about 4 AM for the travel to Jacksonville, we booked a 2 night stay at Embassy Suites Bay Meadows, Jacksonville, Fl. we got a 2 room suite for $96.00 a night this included a Happy Hour each night with free cocktails and a cooked to order Breakfast with an omelet station. They also have an indoor pool and hot tub. We arrived at about 5:00 PM. The drive was uneventful with no traffic backups. Of course we stopped for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel.

Before we left Maryland I checked the weather forecast for Jacksonville and the Islands, not promising. It was cool and cloudy Sat. and Sun. and also Monday mourning embarkation day.

We left the hotel about 10:15 AM, because we had purchased FTTF and wanted to arrive early. Got to the port around 10:45 AM only to be turned away, the ship had arrived late because of rough seas, and was told to try again at 12:30. We went to Wendy's and hung out till about 12:00 and tried again and got turned around and told to come back at 1:00PM, so we went down and parked buy the river. We went back at 12:30 and they were letting people in at the parking lot, the cost is $75.00 for the cruise. From the time we arrived at the parking lot through security and check in we were in our room in 45 minutes.

We have sailed the Fascination 4 times now and really enjoyed them all. Yes it is an older ship but she is very well maintained. The crew is just great and seemed happy to see you. We enjoyed our food in the dining room where we also received excellent service.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!