Galveston voting this month on huge increases for parking lot owners

crazy4themouse

Customers of every business are the ones that pay to keep it going.

Without a profit, a business will close.

There are other cruise lines that dock here, so don't place the blame on RCI.

In an area of 6 million + residents, I don't see the fault of comparing with other large cities.

Before you criticize greed; Princess demanded the Port of Galveston pay $10 million for 6 month contract to port in Galveston.

Galveston said no; Houston paid!

The other cruise lines did not demand a larger terminal, RCI did! They wanted to bring in a larger ship. Who is receiving the benefit from this, RCI and the port. How is it helping the parking lots, vans/buses hauling passengers. I love it, drive the passengers to Bayport and New Orleans. Crazy business going on in Galveston. Nothing but greed. Having lived most/all of my life in that area, it's been that way since the 40/50's and will continue. Very sad, they had a good thing going and now look. The ones that want the bigger port should pay for it, not the passengers that come to town with an open wallet. Let the ones that benefit foot the bill!

Everyone knows that if the taxpayers had to vote and pay for it, this would never happen.

The other cruise lines did not demand a larger terminal, RCI did! They wanted to bring in a larger ship. Who is receiving the benefit from this, RCI and the port. How is it helping the parking lots, vans/buses hauling passengers. I love it, drive the passengers to Bayport and New Orleans. Crazy business going on in Galveston. Nothing but greed. Having lived most/all of my life in that area, it's been that way since the 40/50's and will continue. Very sad, they had a good thing going and now look. The ones that want the bigger port should pay for it, not the passengers that come to town with an open wallet. Let the ones that benefit foot the bill!

Everyone knows that if the taxpayers had to vote and pay for it, this would never happen.

Don't know why you are so angry:confused:

Parking prices haven't gone up as the issue is still in discussion.

This is an old thread that someone revived just to keep OP riled up.

Guess it worked:rolleyes:

In a free enterprise system

The user's or buyer's always pay for it .

What is your business model.

Edited by ssb

Don't know why you are so angry:confused:

Parking prices haven't gone up as the issue is still in discussion.

This is an old thread that someone revived just to keep OP riled up.

Guess it worked:rolleyes:

Hey, I'm the OP, and I'm not riled up, lol. I think the amount of increase is ridiculous, did then and do now, and my friend who owns a private lot is fighting with everything he has to keep the business that supports his family. That's why I'm against such a huge increase. It hurts the wrong people. But I'm not riled up. :)

-gina-

Hey, I'm the OP, and I'm not riled up, lol. I think the amount of increase is ridiculous, did then and do now, and my friend who owns a private lot is fighting with everything he has to keep the business that supports his family. That's why I'm against such a huge increase. It hurts the wrong people. But I'm not riled up. :)

-gina-

Hi Gina

No issue with you!

I'm very far from riled up. Just struggle sometimes with stories being told. The port and RCI are pushing for this. Not the citizens of Galveston, nor the small business's being affected. And what RCI wants is being paid for by the cruise passengers and small business's. That's all!

I drive an extra 370 miles and 6 or 7 hours to vote with my wallet. Bayport may make that easier for me, time will tell.

Edited by rvsullivan