Just off the Splendor....YUCK!

KillaFee

When I retire (in 10 years) I would love to be on a cruise ship for weeks. I make my own time, I do not focus my cruise on food, I have cruised from all ports and on all cruise lines in fact the first time a saw the robe people (that is what my husband and I call them) was on Royal, we laugh and move on to our enjoyment. I also find people jumping lines, squeezing in the buffet it is what happens on all lines. We are going on the Splendor December 27th, after cooking and entertaining for the holidays. I cannot wait to go and enjoy a cruise, the price was great and I have never had a bad cruise (over 60 cruises).

Happy Holidays and Happy Cruising

Dorene

1) You were leaving from NY , what did you expect as far as other passengers.

2)Why do you care what other people eat? It's their bodies and they can choose what they want to eat or how much. It's not like your going to get "second hand Fat" from them eating 10 pieces of bacon. I will never understand why it bothers you or others, what someone else eats or wears as long as it's not illegal or hurting someone.

If you eat like a bird, or get ill from watching what others eat, I suggest stay away from buffets.;)

Now THAT'S rude...:cool:.

I've left from NY 24 out of 28 times, and without question, have really enjoyed my fellow pax. So sorry the OP got stuck with a bunch of lemons :eek:...they were all probably from wherever repo-cruiser is from. ;)

After our first cruise in 4 years, I'm starting to come to the same realization. Sharing a boat with 3,000 + other passengers is just not that relaxing of an experience anymore for us. Also, the boats have become so big, they have to dock at fake ports just to accommodate all the passengers...

Not sure how you would know that.

I live about a five or ten minute walk from the dock. I've never met anyone who lives close to me. Perhaps from the other areas, boroughs, counties or CT and NJ...but not the NYC that you see in the movies or on TV.

So....call them NYC area people......but most NYC people are pretty sophisticated.

Interesting review...really feel for you and the less than great experience.

We have never sailed on the Splendor so no opinion to give. We have been really blessed to have been on several cruises and never less than a solid vacation experience. One thing we have learned about the Lido buffet and cruise dining in general. Avoid the peak times of 8:00, noon and just as everyone returns from day trips at port. I guarantee looong lines. Go Anytime Dining with the MDR and just don't show up for seating right at the regularly scheduled seating times.

Dining bliss can be found!