Which Haven did you prefer Breakaway or Gem?

rocky55

I just like the whole Breakaeay haven. Restaurant in the haven. Can eat diner in the Haven restaurant. Has it's own bar in the haven. More people seem to enjoy the breakaway heaven. Eating lunch by the pool, having drink by the pool. That just does not happen on the.Gem. But the Gem haven is really nice.

I sailed in the Haven on the BA last summer and just returned from the Gem yesterday after a week in a Haven OS on deck 10. All in all, I prefer the smaller ship as far as service and an overall sense of being less hectic. That being said, I didn't see much of the Gem's Haven due to being on deck 10 and the one time I went to scope it out for a dip in the pool there were six or seven kids in it so that was the end of that idea. On the BA, we were on deck 16 and never saw the Haven over run with kids, but we also never tried to use the facilities until the last night during dinner hours and it was blissfully empty. Last summer's sailing party included five 'kids' between the ages of 11 and 20 and all of them enjoyed the haven to read etc. but we never tried to swim until the last night.

I think the BA is a better, more 'exciting' ship for kids than the Gem as far as activities etc., but it has a different pace (with reservations necessary for many things) while the Gem is much more relaxed, with less crowds and more personalized service.

Both Havens are lovely but different...as are the two ships! Whatever you decide, have a great cruise!