First Timers Cruising to Southern Caribbean

LJ~

My boyfriend and I are taking a cruise to the southern Caribbean out of San Juan on the Carnival Valor. Anyone have any tips or must see advice? We are hitting St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kits, and St Marteen.

Guest maddycat
My boyfriend and I are taking a cruise to the southern Caribbean out of San Juan on the Carnival Valor. Anyone have any tips or must see advice? We are hitting St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kits, and St Marteen.

You'll get some good ideas if you read the CC port of calls boards.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

My husband and I went on a Southern Caribbean cruise last December. In Barbados we went on the Jolly Roger. We highly recommend it! It was so much fun and included everything from a great lunch, snorkeling, walking the plank, dancing and delicious rum punch!

I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, but I was a crew member with NCL and I always used to love going to the Boatyard in Barbados.

It is a fantastic beach bar just a few dollar cab ride from the pier. They even provide transportation back to the ship included in your $10 entry fee.

The drinks are reasonably priced and they have a trampoline in the water as well as a tarzan rope and free beach chairs if you get there early enough.