So what's next?

RCCL Fan

Thanks everyone for the advice!

I'm going to consider Bermuda cruises for now.

A little history... We've done every class ship minus vision class

We're very excursion heavy and have our repeats in the Caribbean. Don't get me wrong we've gone back time and time again for experience. We're just looking for a change.

We lived n New England for years, know Portland and Nova Scotia well. Not sure it's what we want.

We travel extensively outside of cruising. My 4 year old has a map of the U.S in her room. She gets to pick two places a year to visit. :)

For us cruising is warm weather, tropical, fruity drinks.

I think Alaska and Med is a kid free trip. We love The Pacific Northwest, Seattle is my favorite US city. But I just don't see it with a 5year old and newborn.

Bermuda or the Latin American cruise sound good.

We sailed out of Norfolk in October. I'll try another time of year and hope for the best. I'll see what's sailing out of Baltimore.

We're at that point of not knowing what to do next…

Could it be I've hit my limit?

Trying to plan the next family cruise…

Wife, 5-6 year old daughter, and a kid to be who'll likely be 1 or so by the time we go.

Islands we've done most REPEATEDLY:

Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Ocho Rios, Mo Bay, Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, Martinique, Barbados, Nassau, Freeport.

Alaska just doesn't seem right for us as a family, and while we'd love to the Med with only taking kid out of a school a week, and travel time it just doesn't seem worth it at all.

I never thought I'd say it, but I think I've had my fill of cruising the cairbbean until some new islands/ports pop up.

We could do Bermuda, but the one time I sailed out of the East coast through the gulf stream, the ship rocked so much, I vowed never ever again. But maybe it was the time of year. The ships there don't look too appealing either.

Am I missing something? Anything else you suggest? I'm ready to book something!

St.Lucia, The DR, St. Kitts, Curacao, Aruba, etc. I understand about Alaska...I wouldnt pay money to go anywhere cold. The Panama Canal is also an excellent choice.

I can tell you what I would do, but probably wouldn't mean much. After reading the conditions/preferences in your posts, my first thought was what someone else said -- Hawaii.

trust me sounds perfect… but too long. Can't take kid out of school for the long…

hawaii cruises are typically 12 days.

we're were looking at bermuda… but you literally just go to one spot. we'd rather fly.

we're figuring it out, appreciate all the advice

Edited by RCCL Fan
error

trust me sounds perfect… but too long. Can't take kid out of school for the long…

hawaii cruises are typically 12 days.

we're were looking at bermuda… but you literally just go to one spot. we'd rather fly.

Taking a land based trip to Bermuda is very expensive. We've been to Bermuda at least 10 times on cruises and love it. I agree that the Med is not the place for young children. You're on the go at least 12 hours a day sightseeing at places where your children would be bored.

Perhaps it is time for you to take a break and come back to cruising when your children are a bit older and can participate in more shore excursions. Good luck in whatever you decide.

We feel the same way. So much so that we are contemplating other lines. Have you done a Disney cruise for the kiddos? Same islands, but whole new cruise experience.

We've also cruised out of Panama and that was a very interesting cruise. We did that over spring break and it was nice. However, there were only 100 English speaking folks on our cruise and not a lot of kids.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Newly refurbished Vision of the Seas is doing 3 ten day cruises to Bermuda and a few other stops in 2014. It will sail out of Fort Lauderdale and they have a sailing in June (one I am on) August and Sept.

RCCL Fan,

You mentioned that you are planning a "Family" vacation with their 5-6 year old daughter, and another child which will be around a year old when you travel. Family is the key word here.

I would look into which ships had the best programs for your age children. Has your daughter cruised before?

Are you locked into RCCL, or are you willing to cruise on Disney Cruise Line?