NOLA Sheraton

tutuwahineLV

We usually do our own pre/post hotel bookings, but this time decided to use the NCL pre-cruise package. Anyone have any info they'd like to share regarding this location?? did you get a good room? or something less than prime? I know that some hotels don't always use their prime rooms for pre-reserved blocks ...

I only ask because we stayed at the Sheraton in Boston recently, and I wasnt that impressed. (it wasnt booked by the cruise line in that instance, but someone in our party) For the cost, and the pre-concieved reputation, the room was not even close to what I expected. The toilet in the bathroom was the industrial/public restroom found in stadiums sort of toilet. No tank, just pipes coming out of the wall....:rolleyes: I personally would like something a little nicer if I'm laying out over 200$... but maybe thats just me. everything else was just, MEH....

I'm not stressing over our upcomming stay, as it is only one night pre-cruise, just curious.

Thanks for any info....:)

I can't comment on the hotel since I have never stayed there but the location is good. Plenty to do right there and you are just outside of the French Quarter. The dock is a bit of a walk, but if you want to see the river, or watch your ship sail upriver then walk down canal and through Woldenburg Park along the river front.

I stayed there last year.

They were remodeling the Club rooms.

We had a river view room so we got to wake up with the ships in port:D

Huge lobby with a good bar. Starbucks onsite

Its a great location, trolley out front and FQ a couple blocks away

Edited by jonbgd

I have stayed there many times on business, but not recently. In the past, it was your average Sheraton, and a "well-used" one at that, since it's a big tourist hotel in a big tourist city.

I understand that since my last stay there (about a year ago), all the rooms have been redone, and the hotel has had an upgrade. Hopefully that will take care of the "well-used" look, even though it will still be a Sheraton.

It is in an excellent location for the Quarter and other attractions, although not very close to the cruise port. But NCL will be providing your transportation to the port, I assume.

Thanks for the replys. Yes VT, we're using NCL transfer to the pier. I'm just hoping we get a decent room, that doesn't have a view of the rubbish bins in the alley... :rolleyes:

That being said, anyday on vacay is better than being at work, right? I'll be grateful for my trip no matter what.;)