Allure of the Seas leaving lifeboat 1 in Nassau

Lukkie

ya right...He rode his gas combustion engine in the enclosed promenade :rolleyes:

And how did they dissipate the CO that was given off ???

As well stated already, the motorcycle is electric.

Exactly! He does ride an electric motorcycle around the ship - it does make engine sounds, so people assume it's a Harley, which he does have onboard the ship and takes off the ship sometimes in port.

The bike is a Harley. I saw it on the bridge during a bridge tour. I wish I would have taken a picture of it, but it clearly was a Harley. He said he had it specially modified by Harley to fit down the narrow hallways near the bridge.

We were on the turn around cruise from San Diego and this is what happened in San Diego (confirmed by my personal discussion with 4 affected passengers). The ship could not sail with the full complement of passengers & crew without the missing lifeboat, so RCL in its infinite wisdom, pulled about a 100 passengers out of line in the San Diego terminal and took them to a closed off area (not sure how they determined who, they were all levels of C&A and seemed to be from various muster stations). At first these folks thought they were getting some kind of special boarding privilege, but were then told their cruise was being cancelled, they would be reimbursed etc. Well, you can imagine the reaction. After about a half hour of chaos, (their luggage had already been taken by the porters) RCL decided instead to leave 100 crew members behind, obviously many of them from food service since the dining room service was horrendous until the crew came back onboard in Cabo (and for a few more days until they were back in sync). This was the start of several "interesting" events on the Legend C&A member cruise :-).

I can just imagine what it must have been like in that room.:eek:

Wow;

Went over to Cruise Law News for my weekly chuckle, and read the "article" about this lifeboat on the Allure. I'm now famous, as Walker quoted one single fact from my post #26 above, and questioning how many passengers are actually onboard, without looking at the fact that most ships never sail completely full, and there is sufficient capacity for the double occupancy complement of passengers. He really knows how to distort facts and get a chuckle from me.

He also had an "article" about the Saga Ruby that CC posted had cancelled its Caribbean itinerary due to a faulty generator. The CC article clearly states that a part for the generator needed to be manufactured, but Walker just goes " a busted generator and they are not even going to spend the money to fix it". A minute of research shows that this ship has Bergen series L generator engines, which are no longer manufactured, and most references to them are for used spare parts. Depending on what is wrong with the engine, Bergen most likely no longer makes the part, and it has to be fabricated special order.

Again, if anyone is looking for a good cruise chuckle, head over to Walker's site for the latest in ambulance chasing falsehoods.

Again, if anyone is looking for a good cruise chuckle, head over to Walker's site for the latest in ambulance chasing falsehoods.

Congratulations! Although, getting recognition from him is like being handed a role model award from Miley Cirus. It's ironic, at best. ;)