Dec 1, Royal Princess that had Marina deck cabins

galelynn

For those of you that were on the Royal Princess Dec 1, with Marina deck cabins under the HC, how was the noise situations? We are in M508 and are concerned about noise and how much of a overhang there is on the balconies? This was a upgrade from Aloha deck but questioning if it really is.

Any pictures would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Edited by galelynn

For those of you that were on the Royal Princess Dec 1, with Marina deck cabins under the HC, how was the noise situations? We are in M508 and are concerned about noise and how much of a overhang there is on the balconies? This was a upgrade from Aloha deck but questioning if it really is.

I was in M611 and the noise was awful. The worst was between 3:30-4:30am. Banging, crashing, the sound of carts being rolled, etc. Woke me up almost every morning. If it were me, I wouldn't accept it. :(

The overhang was nice as it protected the balcony from the sun. Here's a photo:

ImageUploadedByForums1386630390.312788.jpg.cf42368a0c7c8613a3e69404eb7272a2.jpg

We were in M626 last week and I was not bothered by noise at all. A couple of times you could hear carts but nothing that affected my cruise. I picked this cabin and was pleased I did as the location was fantastic! Close to elevators and Horizon court.

Thank you, hope to get a few more responses, just to make sure.

If youre a light sleeper its not a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

When are you cruising? I'll be interested to hear if you took this room how you found it? I am looking at booking M504.

I think it makes a difference what is above you and how much traffic there is. Where a previous poster was in M611 I think there would be more traffic than where we are looking.

I'm also very interested to hear how well people on the seawalk can see into the balcony of these rooms (504 / 508).

• 3 years later...
We were in M626 last week and I was not bothered by noise at all. A couple of times you could hear carts but nothing that affected my cruise. I picked this cabin and was pleased I did as the location was fantastic! Close to elevators and Horizon court.

We are booking M626 on the Royal and I am happy to hear this! I am hoping for the same.