Transfer at harwich

cruiser1949

Try Silver-Fleet.co.uk. We have used them from Harwich to Heathrow when we disembarked Celebrity Infinity in may.

Nice minivans and friendly drivers.

Will absolute use them again.

Jonny from Sweden

(sorry for my bad English) :)

By train, going into London from Harwich is quite easy - getting to Heathrow with lots of luggage is not so easy. You will take at least 3 trains or 2 trains and a cab. I would recommend some form of road transportation - bus or limo service instead.

We decided to take the train into London and then spend another night there before heading home.

We used BATransfer from LHR to central London and from central London to Harwich and from Harwick to LHR. Great on time and inexpensive compared to others. If you use their online booking and join their club (which is free, you get 10% off), at least we did in Aug/Sept.

Train direct from Harwich to Liverpool Street in London and then a tube transfer to Paddington to catch the Heathrow Express train.

I have done the journey and live quite close to Harwich in Essex.

Osfan

Heathrow Connect train is slightly slower and wayyyy cheaper.

Years ago on our Baltic Cruise.. I organized a group from the ship (through the CC M&M Board) for a full bus to go from London to Harwich. It was actually pretty smooth... There were about 30 of us and I booked a bus through the internet and a couple of phone calls. The bus held 45... but with all the luggage and we had 30 (+/-) and it all went smooth. The driver met us all at one location, and took us straight to the ship. You could do that the other way I'm sure. It really was less per person than any other way. I did take a leap of faith and booked it with my credit card. Some folks sent me a check prior to leaving... but most paid on the spot. We took a collection to tip the driver. It all worked great... and it was a nice bus and a pleasant ride. I was in London the week prior to the cruise and was able to make a confirmation that all was set. I will say that one person did not pay. I ate that cost... but that didn't upset me... I prefer to think it was just an oversight on their part. Actually it was the most pleasant way to start our cruise!!