Restaurants on St Lucia

gatour

During our stop in St. Lucia we were told about a weekly fish fry on the beach that everybody goes to. The name of the fishing viliage is Anse-la-Raye in the city of Gros Inlet. My wife and I would definitely check it out if we were there on a Friday.

I found this link that explains more. Hope this helps.

http://www.slucia.com/visions/fishfry.html

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds interesting. Will have to keep it in mind.

When we are on a cruise that stops in Nassau, we go to a "fish fry" outside of the cargo docks. Different concept though. A bunch of little restaurants that originally sprung up to feed the dock works

In May we be spending a week at Sandals. While I know that food is included, we do like to try local restaurants.

Any recommendations on one or two restaurants to try, when we need a break from Sandals?

Suggest you post on TripAdvisor, the sister site of CC, which primarily deals more with land based vacations, resorts, restaurants, etc. St. Lucia has it's own forum with thousands of threads, hundreds of which address this topic specifically.

Given that there are 3 Sandals on St. Lucia with a wide variety of cuisines and atmospheres, most week-long visitors stick to the resort as there are about 21 options between the 3 for dining.

Rodney Bay has the widest concentration of Restaurants on the island at every price point and cuisine -making a suggestion is tough as it would depend on what sort of cuisine you are looking for, and what sort of dining experience. "Local Restaurants" covers a lot of ground from the roadside grill to fine dining.

Check out TA. Enjoy your visit.

• 2 weeks later...