Epic Aft facing Balconies

relaxation

Howdy! I have never been on NCL before but have booked the Epic TA For October, 2014 and have an aft facing balcony on deck 8. Is there anyone out there that can tell me what this would be like? And if it is a good value? I love aft balconies and had an awesome one on the Sunshine TA. Wondering if being over the steakhouse will be a problem, also? :eek:

Thanks for any info you can give! :D

Howdy! I have never been on NCL before but have booked the Epic TA For October, 2014 and have an aft facing balcony on deck 8. Is there anyone out there that can tell me what this would be like? And if it is a good value? I love aft balconies and had an awesome one on the Sunshine TA. Wondering if being over the steakhouse will be a problem, also? :eek:

Thanks for any info you can give! :D

The Epic aft is great and the ship has a straight back so people cant look down and see you unless they are really leaning. Attached is a pic.

The steakhouse was not a problem when we on but then I love the smell of food cooking especially baking of bread

58941_470855066413_43678986413_6636777_6142568_n.jpg.d2da59a1855ee5baf200600d2bd476d4.jpg

922092229224.jpg.baa37c540adaf727a77c6f399c74af9a.jpg

The Epic aft is great and the ship has a straight back so people cant look down and see you unless they are really leaning. Attached is a pic.

The steakhouse was not a problem when we on but then I love the smell of food cooking especially baking of bread

Thanks, Ilovesailing! How was the room size on the afts? Some friends thought they might be small so they are booking a mini suite. Are the rooms comparable to RCCL or Carnival?

They are a bit smaller but i thinks its got to do with the wave wall and the silly bathroom setup but certainly big enough for 2 people.

Pending on whether your bed is pull out from under the headboard if you push it back in the day time it will give a little more room to get by. You should also consider if you want the bed located near the balcony door or near the bathroom, we prefered the bed by the balcony.

Edited by Ilovesailing

They are a bit smaller but i thinks its got to do with the wave wall and the silly bathroom setup but certainly big enough for 2 people.

Pending on whether your bed is pull out from under the headboard if you push it back in the day time it will give a little more room to get by. You should also consider if you want the bed located near the balcony door or near the bathroom, we prefered the bed by the balcony.

I didn't realize there was a difference where the bed would be and unfortunately when I read somewhere about sinks splashing on the beds by bathrooms is was too late! I booked one away from the balcony...darn! If prices go down and afts are available I may change as it is a long time till the Epic TA in October! So, the beds can go further under the headboards? Can they be made into two singles as my girlfriend is sailing with me and we prefer separate beds! LOL!!

I didn't realize there was a difference where the bed would be and unfortunately when I read somewhere about sinks splashing on the beds by bathrooms is was too late! I booked one away from the balcony...darn! If prices go down and afts are available I may change as it is a long time till the Epic TA in October! So, the beds can go further under the headboards? Can they be made into two singles as my girlfriend is sailing with me and we prefer separate beds! LOL!!

Anne, if you go to NCL website and look under ships, Epic, then staterooms you will see picture of an aft balcony, diagram and description and it says the bed can be two twins or put together as a queen.

The link below has a few pictures of an aft facing balcony. They are really nice. Loved my AFB.

Thanks for the pictures! They were perfect as that is the exact same room I have booked! :D great to see it and the view! I, too, love AFBs!

Anne, if you go to NCL website and look under ships, Epic, then staterooms you will see picture of an aft balcony, diagram and description and it says the bed can be two twins or put together as a queen.

Thanks, Lorretta! I will check it out! And you can check out the pics in the link above from lbt43. Great pics of our afts!:)

How would you know which cabins have the bed by the balcony?

I would want that set up as well.

Don

How would you know which cabins have the bed by the balcony?

I would want that set up as well.

Don

Don, if you look at the floorplan you will see that every cabin has a flat wall and then a curved wall. The bed will be where the curve is convex in the picture. The concave part is the sofa. Just look for the convex part to be near the balcony.

Hope that makes sense.

Don, if you look at the floorplan you will see that every cabin has a flat wall and then a curved wall. The bed will be where the curve is convex in the picture. The concave part is the sofa. Just look for the convex part to be near the balcony.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you...where would I find the floor plan of the specific cabin #.....on the NCL website?

Don

Thank you...where would I find the floor plan of the specific cabin #.....on the NCL website?

Don

Here's the link to the Epic deck plans.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/decks/2/8#tab_detail

What room are you looking at as well? I can let you know where the bed is if my description is a bit hard to understand :)

Edited by kerrytens

I see the deck plan, but not the configuration of the actual cabin.

I just want to find an Aft-Facing Cabin with the bed by the balcony.

Thanks.

Don

Look for the outward curve - that is where bed fits. Examples to get you started 10318 (MY aft-facing balcony) has bed by balcony door. 10320 next door has couch by balcony door (not best situation on Epic). 9290 has bed by balcony, 9292 next door has couch by balcony

I use the drag it decks site because I can not only see it better but I can drag the decks to see what is above and below stateroom we're considering. Here is link

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

I did make the drag it decks images bigger than normal by using command + on mac - there is probably something similar for a pc.

I'm just back from the Epic and was in B1 12310, a corner aft balcony. The corner cabins have balconies that are about two feet wider than the ones in between them, which I didn't know until we got into the room. My cabin had the bed near the balcony. Loved it!