Liquid Lab - bar on Quantum

mommabean

I've found no mention of this bar - Liquid Lab - coming to Quantum of the Seas. The "celebrity mixologist" who is going from ship to ship to open the R bar as the revitalized ships come out has confirmed this is one of the 2 bars where he will be working when Quantum begins sailing. His other bar will be Two70.

Look for Matt in the R bar on Navigator in February. Currently he's on Enchantment. He's doing a month by month schedule until he joins Quantum. I didn't quite understand what he does until the last night of my recent EN cruise. All I knew is that you are to tell him what you don't like so he can make something you will like. I had no idea that he creates these fabulous drinks and martinis. They are unusual and many are "recipes" he has created. He's actually a really amazing guy if you give him free reign and just let him do his thing telling him what you don't like so that won't be included.

I also saw him on Vision in Miami last month. I really missed 2 great opportunities but I won't miss out on him while on Quantum. I might have to stalk the guy. :)

He will also be working the Rhapsody crossing from Sydney to Vancouver and then for an undetermined short time in Alaska ending in Seattle. His schedule isn't firm.

Don't miss him if you end up on a ship with him prior to Quantum.

That's kind of weird of them. I thought the R Bar was supposed to be their next big fleet wide thing. The Two70 bar sounds like Quantum's replacement for it, so this Liquid Lab should be something interesting and new. Kind of sounds like a place where they may have classes during the afternoon on sea days. I'm sure that would be a big seller for the NYC crowd.

So he's only on Navigator in February? I'm going on Navigator in March.

Also, is this mixology class something done on all sailings? Sounds like something I'd like.

I've only found it on long, multiple sea day cruises - but usually am so busy may have missed it on others. Look in your compass on Sea Days;)

So he's only on Navigator in February? I'm going on Navigator in March.

Also, is this mixology class something done on all sailings? Sounds like something I'd like.

He's on each ship for approximately a month but that can vary a little. His schedule isn't firm going forward. 4 or 5 weeks can make a difference. Just assume a month on Navigator from the first sailing post dry dock. Maybe you'll be lucky. It would be fun to spend time with him at the R bar if he happens to be in your cruise.

He's on each ship for approximately a month but that can vary a little. His schedule isn't firm going forward. 4 or 5 weeks can make a difference. Just assume a month on Navigator from the first sailing post dry dock. Maybe you'll be lucky. It would be fun to spend time with him at the R bar if he happens to be in your cruise.

OOH - Sounds like fun. I know where we'll be spending our time.

Diane and Mike

WOW! Can't wait to go to this bar, really sounds interesting, it's nice to see a different kind of bar on a new ship and I get to be one of the first ones to try it out on her Maiden Voyage:cool:

• 2 weeks later...