Do 17 year olds do the teen club?

2girlsandanaupair

Hello! We are doing the 4 night Triumph cruise 12/26. This will be our 4th cruise. My daughters are 12 and 9 and enjoy a few kids club activities. We also have an exchange student who is 17. I'd love for her to have some kids her age to hang out with but do the teens actually do the teen club activities? Since I've never cruised with a teen I have no idea.

thanks!

Nicole

Yes there is a place for the 17 year old. Here is a heads up if you are taking any child under18 and they are not yours on the birth certificate you need to find out what documentation is required.

I think you need a notified letter from both parents and the birth certificate but u need to check with carnival.

Last year took my sons, 16 & 17 and my sons friend. We took along a notarized form (can print from Carnivals website, or have your vaca panner send) from both parents & his birth certificate. Nobody even asked for it but I would bring it just to be safe.

As far as the clubs, at first they all 3 were 'too cool' for it, but shortly they used it everyday and met many new friends they still talk to. It is very nice for them to have a place to go. My youngest even entered a karaoke contest coming in 2nd singing a Britney Spears tune, lol

Hello! We are doing the 4 night Triumph cruise 12/26. This will be our 4th cruise. My daughters are 12 and 9 and enjoy a few kids club activities. We also have an exchange student who is 17. I'd love for her to have some kids her age to hang out with but do the teens actually do the teen club activities? Since I've never cruised with a teen I have no idea.

thanks!

Nicole

From what I have seen, they may go the first day to meet other people their age and see if it is right for them. Very few go back at that age. You might have more kids with yours being a Christmas cruise. I would suggest that you join the roll call for your cruise and allow them to connect prior to the cruise and possibly meet at a "meet and greet". We recently had a huge CC roll call on our MAGIC CRUISE and quite a few people made it to the meet and greet where the teens could meet other teens and the parents could meet each other as well (always a good idea..)

Even if they can "hang" with one other person for the cruise, it would be a success! Good luck.

-Boomer

Edited by BoomerHouston

Just got off the splendor and our 16 and 17yo loved Club O2 they spend most of the night at the club and met many others the same age. I'm very protective of my kids and I felt the club was very safe. They only let kids in between 15-17yo.

My 16-year-old daughter loved the teen club and went every night. It was a pretty active group and they all seemed to go each night. We are taking two cruises next year (when she will be 17) and the teen club is the main thing she is looking forward to.

Well, from whenever we finished dinner to when they closed anyway. I did hear about a game the DJ or O2 cruise employee ran one night. S/he divided all the teens there into 2 groups and they played against each other. The DJ would play the first couple of lines of a song of a certain type or musician (the one son told me about was The Beatles) and individuals in the groups would sing the next line if they knew it. He said it was lots of fun & everybody making good-natured fun of everyone else.

From what I have seen, they may go the first day to meet other people their age and see if it is right for them. Very few go back at that age.

I always asked my kids to at least attend Club O2 the first night, to meet others. Sometimes they would spend a lot of time there, sometimes not.

The feel of the club depends on what teens happen to be on the ship that week.

This has been our experience when our kids were that age. Most of the time our kids would go the first night, meet people and then they would hang out together but usually not in the clubs.

Last year took my sons, 16 & 17 and my sons friend. We took along a notarized form (can print from Carnivals website, or have your vaca panner send) from both parents & his birth certificate. Nobody even asked for it but I would bring it just to be safe.

As far as the clubs, at first they all 3 were 'too cool' for it, but shortly they used it everyday and met many new friends they still talk to. It is very nice for them to have a place to go. My youngest even entered a karaoke contest coming in 2nd singing a Britney Spears tune, lol

Your son sang a Britney Spears song? Um, ok.

My twins (now 19) (and all of my exchange students) always went the first night for the 'meet and greet' activities. They didn't participate much in the daytime activities but the club had a different 'themed' dance every night that all really enjoyed. They would 'hang out' in the club and play cards or just talk during the day. The best cruises were when the club had lots of kids- like Spring Break. Your exchange student will have a blast.

See my son turned 18yo to first day of the cruise and he wasn't allowed in due to his age. He doesn't even look 18 maybe a young 17. He did however enjoy the comedy club nightly. My daughter turned 15yo the 4th day of the cruise and they did allow her into Club O2

Your son sang a Britney Spears song? Um, ok.

Yes he did. He is a very outgoing & funny kid.. It was all a joke but did the dance moves & got everyone involved. The carnival employee running the karaoke sought me out to tell me how much fun & entertaining it was ... I know my kid so I can only imagine ... It is a cruise ya know

On the Freedom in August, our oldest was in Club O2, whenever we would pass the club, we would rarely see the teens in the club, but in the areas surrounding the club-which was next to the arcade and the disco. At night it would be tight confines with the disco and then Club O2. We did find the kids stayed together, but just outside the club.

Yes he did. He is a very outgoing & funny kid.. It was all a joke but did the dance moves & got everyone involved. The carnival employee running the karaoke sought me out to tell me how much fun & entertaining it was ... I know my kid so I can only imagine ... It is a cruise ya know

What happens on a cruise ship stays on a cruise ship..........

Sounds like a lot of fun.