My Thomson Cruise Log in Issues

I had a problem getting in, then realised that the reference number I was entering wasn't quite right.

Paperwork showed 1234/12345 that is 4 digits followed by 5 digits and after a few frustrating attempts to get in, I realised it was asking for 1234/123456 that is 4 digits followed by 6 digits. I put a leading zero in front of the 5 digits on my paperwork and got in.

Good luck.

Unfortunately didn't work for me either!

I want to pay my balance and really object to the premium rate phone numbers :mad:

You can go into any Thomson Holiday shop & they will take payment.

We always book via a Thomson shop - they match or better the web price, give us their local number & we do everything over the phone - they even book our cabin numbers for us to save us phoning.

We got our prices matched at our nearest TA for £20. The next time we tried a different one who matched free. Third cruise and they both wanted the £20 so I said I would go back to my local then and got a free match.

The latest cruise was booked by phone as I was getting the 2015 winter Dream cruise AI at the error price of £280 and had to ring in before midnight when it would be withdrawn.

Not having booked this way before I am a bit worried about expensive phone calls if I want information as my TA is telling me they cannot get into my booking if I book on line or by phone.

Not having booked this way before I am a bit worried about expensive phone calls if I want information as my TA is telling me they cannot get into my booking if I book on line or by phone.

Don't panic! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/household-bills/10514587/Premium-rate-phone-lines-ban-for-retailers-and-travel-operators.html

Although that probably won't stop Thomson, they're still charging 2.5% for credit cards!

I want to pay my balance and really object to the premium rate phone numbers :mad:

I can't understand why payments can't be taken on line for a cruise when they can for a holiday. It doesn't make sense. Or, perhaps being the cynic I am, it's all to do with selling extras that you don't need or want. I'm sure it wasn't a UK call centre either.

Don't panic! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/household-bills/10514587/Premium-rate-phone-lines-ban-for-retailers-and-travel-operators.html

Although that probably won't stop Thomson, they're still charging 2.5% for credit cards!

We need to wait till 2015 though for the phone charges to drop!

I sent an email, through the 'contact us' button on the Thomson website and told them of my log-in problem. They replied today saying that I couldn't log in as I hadn't booked online, but to log in to My Thomson instead - which was what I was trying to get into in the first place :confused: (still can't by the way)

Hi Gill, I booked one cruise on line and went to pay the balance at the local TA as I wanted to pay by building society cheque and it was fine. Just take your paperwork in with booking refference on it :):)

BUT they would not take payment for the next one which I had booked through cruisedeals, as they told me they use different reference numbers.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Thanks Linda. That sounds logical. I am booked with Thomson's just by phone instead of a shop, so I should hopefully be ok. I hope so as with Jamaica and the other Central America ports I will have to know all sorts about whether visas are needed and jabs etc. It is so much easier to pop into a local Thomson's travel agents.

0844 871 0879 is not actually a premium rate number (as it's only 5p per minute, not 75p, which is what i would class as a Premium Rate number).

As most people probably have normal numbers for free either with thier home calling plan, or from a mobile (which doesn't include 0844 numbers), thus the reason they don't like 0844 numbers, try:

024 7628 2228

020 7106 0373

020 8603 9910

There is a website 'say no to 0870' you type in the name of the firm you want.

For Thomsons it lists 020 7106 0373 for payments.

There is a website 'say no to 0870' you type in the name of the firm you want.

For Thomsons it lists 020 7106 0373 for payments.

All done, thank you. Phoned the number and they answered as Tui, then said they would put me through to Thomson when I gave the reference number.

So, all paid, and now counting down the days :D

All done, thank you. Phoned the number and they answered as Tui, then said they would put me through to Thomson when I gave the reference number.

So, all paid, and now counting down the days :D

So, i put the number up 5 hours earlier, and get totally ignored, sounds about right :rolleyes:

I have just logged off my p&o cruise personaliser :p :).......where you can find a miraid of options pertaining to your cruise...order wine/strawberries/bubbly etc, book excursions, print off luggage labels/tickets, review the itinerary again (and again), review the dress codes, a massive faq section which answers just about and question you can think of, there’s maps, pics, deck plans, menus....oh why cant thoms have something like this:cool::cool:

I have just logged off my p&o cruise personaliser :p :).......where you can find a miraid of options pertaining to your cruise...order wine/strawberries/bubbly etc, book excursions, print off luggage labels/tickets, review the itinerary again (and again), review the dress codes, a massive faq section which answers just about and question you can think of, there’s maps, pics, deck plans, menus....oh why cant thoms have something like this:cool::cool:

Yes, I have just managed to log in after previous difficulties - as per original post, only to find you can look, but not actually do anything :confused:

I had trouble logging in to My Thomson then realised they had missed a nought of my reference no. Four numbers first then slash five numbers it worked. Come on Thomson email people the correct ref.

That's what I found. My reference was 4 digits/5 digits and the My Thomson site wanted 4 digits/6 digits, so I entered a lead zero in front of my 5 digits and got in. I agree they should get the reference number right for everyone.