HELP!!! Which CD to choose?? Butch, Jamie or Matt?

blueyez4evr

[quote name='rubygigi']We personally choose a cruise based on itinerary. But we sailed with Matt on the Glory out of NYC in September and he was awesome and definitely a cutie! I would book another one with him just too stare into those dreamy eyes again! :p;)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure my husband is not upset at all that Matt will be getting off right before we get on, lol.

i have had matt and butch as cds before. i prefer matt. in fact, he's my fave. he's always around - i seriously saw him everywhere. and he always said hi and asked how i was doing. he made the cruise a lot of fun. i would like to book a cruise with him again, but i book cruises for the itineraries and so far it hasnt worked out (again) that ive loved the cruise and matt was the cd.

Butch for sure! I just returned from the Breeze and the ship is wonderful. Go on the Breeze because of the ship alone! This was our second cruise with Butch. I normally wouldn't notice who was the CD but we took a cruise on the Liberty and Butch was the CD and it was the BEST cruise (until the Breeze) we had ever taken because of the CD. Go figure...:rolleyes:. His activities on deck are better than anything we have ever done on a cruise. He makes you want to join in when prior to this I would be a watcher on deck. I would choose Butch any day but if I had to choose between Butch on another ship and the Breeze....I would always choose the Breeze.:D

OK so what does he do besides make announcements and host shows, which I may or may not be interested in? Not trying to be a smart azz. I really am curious. I know they walk around and interact with the passengers I guess if you happen to be in the same area. Just interested in what makes him such an asset to your cruise if you luck out and get him. I don't care if the CD knows my name. I've seen that mentioned. I thought the CD was there to make sure things run smoothly and on time. And to host shows and talks. I've heard alot about Butch. What is it that sets him apart?

It depends on you! The person that asked the question has interest in our opinion of the best cruise director. If YOU just enjoy the ship and the ports and getting away from it all, you probably would never care who the CD is. Myself and perhaps the poster enjoy the entire cruise experience. I want to get involved. I read the daily newspaper and want to know what the daily activities are and I get involved in them. All the contests, shows and whatnot. If you like to do that, you get to know the people running them.

Just off the Sunshine and Jaime was the CD. We also had her on the Dream last November. She is very good. Funny and energetic, but not in an annoying way. I really enjoyed her on the Dream and was pleased to learn she was our CD for the Sunshine. On the Dream it was her 2nd week as a CD when we were on there and she was great. Now that she has had more time to settle into the position she is even better. I honestly don't care who the CD is, but will say that Jaime is good at what she does and manages her staff very well. The team on the Sunshine was top-notch!

We have tried to sail with John 3 times and like everyone says you just can't count on it. Each time he got off the ship right before we got on, just didn't work out, maybe some day before he retires.

We love Jaime, she is the female Butch, both high energy, very friendly and make it a fun cruise. We always check to see who the CD is going to be as we cruise Carnival so much we like to see our favorites. We are booked on the 11 night Sunshine from New Orleans to Port Canaveral to be able to have Jaime as our CD. A CD and their staff can make a difference to a cruise IMHO. They set the energy and we like to get involved with activities and shows on the ship, so to have a friendly high energy CD like Jamie makes it more enjoyable for us. She is there with a smile to listen and really cares that people are happy and having a good time, and goes out of her way to make it happen We also liked the Sunshine, spending 12 nights on her a couple of months ago.

Edited by gck1249

Just got off the Sunshine and Jaime was awesome. Came on the speaker a lot to let you know what was going on. Upbeat and always had a smile. Said hello as she passed and even complimented my bag on another occasion. A big ball of energy, a breath of fresh air!

To all those who answered kindly. Thank you for your input. I am NOT choosing a cruise JUST because of the CD. I am trying to make a choice of the three ships I mentioned and getting recommendations from friends. I am new to cruising and just wanted to get more information about these cruise directors and yes, I have been told that a CD can make or break a cruise in case you have bad weather and have to stay on the ship most of the time.

The most important thing about making a cruise director part of the decision making is simply trying to avoid the bad ones, or the ones that are so taken up with themselves.

The most important thing about making a cruise director part of the decision making is simply trying to avoid the bad ones, or the ones that are so taken up with themselves.

We spent 28 days with Jaime. She is a bundle of energy. We remarked, "when does she sleep " we liked her as we felt she would relate well to all ages. There were mostly seniors on the med/transatlantic cruise and she was great. Can't say anything about the others.

Just got off the Sunshine and we also liked Jaime a lot. She is very energetic and fun. That said, I would never base my choice of a ship on the CD. I base my decision on itinerary and ship's amenities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk