Price Drop/Coupon applied?

I just had a price drop applied like this.

I had a savings certificate from back on July I believe, and last week the price dropped 180- a person and I got the full 360 refund in my bank account, so they let me keep my savings certificate from another quarter(and I checked, there is no longer a certificate for this cruise in this quarter) and get the price reduction.

So if you are in this situation, you have a good chance of getting both.

I sail on Jewel in march 2014.

Has anyone called RCI & got a price reduced on a cruise with C&A coupon applied in a previous quarter? Did they remove the coupon?

I just had a price drop applied like this.

I had a savings certificate from back on July I believe, and last week the price dropped 180- a person and I got the full 360 refund in my bank account, so they let me keep my savings certificate from another quarter(and I checked, there is no longer a certificate for this cruise in this quarter) and get the price reduction.

So if you are in this situation, you have a good chance of getting both.

I sail on Jewel in march 2014.

Yes, I got both the drop & the coupon.:D

My understanding is it you applied the coupon to a booking (new or made during the quarter the coupon as valid), then it's permanent.

Any base price drops for your cabin category after that are applied according to the normal policy up to final payment date.

The issue is when you have a current booking, and then a coupon becomes available in a later quarter than your booking date. You cannot apply the coupons retroactively anymore.

The issue is when you have a current booking, and then a coupon becomes available in a later quarter than your booking date. You cannot apply the coupons retroactively anymore.

That was supposed to happen this past quarter but never did happen. Guess we will see in a couple of weeks whether they start that new rule or not.

That was supposed to happen this past quarter but never did happen. Guess we will see in a couple of weeks whether they start that new rule or not.

Agree. From what I've read here on CC it's supposed to start with the next quarter. I should have clarified that in my post above. I'm thinking ahead already!! :D