Renting Tuxedos on Board - Allure of the Seas

We will be renting a tuxedo on our next cruise. I know we can pre-rent them' date=' but, we do not have all the measurements. Can we just rent them on board... will they take measurements?

Thanks,[/quote']

You can, but run a risk of them not having your size (If you order it in avane and they don't have your size (or enough of a specific size), Miami coordinates getting it and making sure its there for you on the ship).

I would recommend going to a place like Men's Wearhouse with the measurements form and have them complete it for you (I have in the past --- doesn't cost anything). That way it is one less thing you will have to worry about dealing with once you get on board. My StepDad didn't get measured before a cruise last year and still got one when we boarded. Unfortunately, he had to wear a shirt that didn't really fit him well, since they ran out of his "perfect" size.

Side note: After that incident, my Mom just went online and purchased him a decent tux and all "the stuff" for only about double the regular rental prices. He then just took it to a local tailor and had a perfectly fitting tux on our cruise last month. If you have room in your luggage, you might want to look into purchasing one that you can use over and over again. Sort of a nice thing to have available for cruises and holiday parties.

Some men's stores will measure you for free as a service to get you into the store. Tell them what it's for and they'll usually help you out. My son got married on a ship and one men's store measured the whole wedding party.

You can, but run a risk of them not having your size (If you order it in avane and they don't have your size (or enough of a specific size), Miami coordinates getting it and making sure its there for you on the ship).

I would recommend going to a place like Men's Wearhouse with the measurements form and have them complete it for you (I have in the past --- doesn't cost anything). That way it is one less thing you will have to worry about dealing with once you get on board. My StepDad didn't get measured before a cruise last year and still got one when we boarded. Unfortunately, he had to wear a shirt that didn't really fit him well, since they ran out of his "perfect" size.

Side note: After that incident, my Mom just went online and purchased him a decent tux and all "the stuff" for only about double the regular rental prices. He then just took it to a local tailor and had a perfectly fitting tux on our cruise last month. If you have room in your luggage, you might want to look into purchasing one that you can use over and over again. Sort of a nice thing to have available for cruises and holiday parties.

It's a bit funny, but...I own my own tuxedo...and I never pack it to take on a cruise anymore...

First of all, when you throw in tuxedo shoes, cummerbund, bow tie, shirts, studs and cuff links, etc., it takes up a lot of space and weight in the luggage...plus, it gets thoroughly wrinkled in transit...plus, you need to dry lean all of that when you get home...not cheap here in SoCal...

Last time I cruised on Allure, for example, I rented the tux...which allowed me to pack the rest of my clothes in a carry-on sized suitcase--which I carried on, saving me $50 round trip baggage fees on AA...

The tux rental cost less than $100... but I got an Elite Crown and Anchor coupon for, IIRC, 15% off which lowered the rental cost to just over $80...dry cleaning my own tux and shirts would have cost around $30--so, basically, the tux rental was FREE--a wash, so to, speak...

I agree that the thing to do is to go into your local menswear or tux shop and ask for a complimentary measurement...just explain you need it for a cruise ship rental...most are quite accommodating...

Still even pre-reserving, when you get the tux onboard, try it on right away...they do make errors but will fix them onboard...