Where to buy Black Coral in the Caribbean?

kbset

First of, I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place, as I'm not really sure where to post about this topic :o

Anyways, on our last cruise my husband really wanted a black coral ring, but we weren't able to afford one at the time, so I would really like to buy him one this time around; does anyone know of what ports in the Caribbean that black coral jewelry stores are available...or if they even sell black coral anymore?

We will be going to Grand Cayman, Labadee, Jamaica, St. Martin, St. Kitts, & Puerto Rico...I'm hoping to have luck in one of these places.

Any information would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!! :D

Passman jewelers has several shops in the caribbean. Grand Cayman for sure. I would do a search for them. The founder has long passed but the family kept the pieces and business. They are so so beautiful.

That is the place to comes my mind. I am sure other posters will let you know more also....Happy Cruising

If ya can't lay your hands on it or can't bring it back, you can always go to the shop in Las Vegas at the Paris hotel. I spent some time in the shop looking longingly at the stuff...too steep for us:( But it is or was...available.

Edited by BecciBoo

Bernard Passman Galleries in St Thomas was the place to purchase black coral. We have many pieces that we have purchased since we started collecting back in 1996.

Unfortunately, all the Passman Galleries were closed earlier this year.

Edited by cruisenfever

Bernard Passman Galleries in St Thomas was the place to purchase black coral. We have many pieces that we have purchased since we started collecting back in 1996.

Unfortunately, all the Passman Galleries were closed earlier this year.

Patti -

Do you know why the Passman Galleries closed? Heirs lost interest? Government pressure?

Patti -

Do you know why the Passman Galleries closed? Heirs lost interest? Government pressure?

When Mr. Passman passed away, his granddaughter did not have any interest in taking up where her grandfather left off. So, they went to an outside source for design and it just didn't work out. No one was as artistic as Mr. Passman when it came to black coral.

Edited by cruisenfever

Many years ago there was a store in Grand Cayman that sold black coral pieces made by one of Passman's apprentices' named Richard. It was not an easy store to find and I don't know if it is still in business. Try googling Richards Black Coral Jewelry and see what pops up.

When Mr. Passman passed away, his granddaughter did not have any interest in taking up where her grandfather left off. So, they went to an outside source for design and it just didn't work out. No one was as artistic as Mr. Passman when it came to black coral.

Thanks