Carnival Victory deck 1 porthole cabins for motion sickness?

UpTheBanner

How are these cabins for motion sickness? I understand if you are prone to sea sickness you should look for a mid ship cabin on one of the lower decks. However these porthole cabins are forward on the lowest deck. We have never stayed in a forward cabin before, always mid ship. One in our group is prone to sea sickness. I want to go ahead with one of these cabins as they offer great value for money. Same price as Interior cabins. Looking forward to my first Carnival cruise :D

Many are prone to sickness because they anticipate it. I've been lucky, but go with the attitude that I won't get sick. I bring my ginger and bonine just in case, but have never needed them. As for movement in a PT cabin, there can be some, but on a large ship, it shouldn't be bad at all. A PT is a great value.

How are these cabins for motion sickness? I understand if you are prone to sea sickness you should look for a mid ship cabin on one of the lower decks. However these porthole cabins are forward on the lowest deck. We have never stayed in a forward cabin before, always mid ship. One in our group is prone to sea sickness. I want to go ahead with one of these cabins as they offer great value for money. Same price as Interior cabins. Looking forward to my first Carnival cruise :D

I'm not prone to sea sickness, my wife is and I found that staying in the front has been worse than mid and aft, aft being the best.

I don't think it had anything to do with movement, it was the sound of the waves up against the side of the ship. Personally, I loved it. Put me right to sleep. Take the cabin and bring some less drowsy dramamine. half tab a day will ward it off for most anyone and it's a light enough dose so that you're actually awake for the cruise.

I suffer from pretty severe motion sickness. My first cruise was in a porthole cabin. It was awful for me. The further toward the front of the ship, the more the ship's movement affects me. Not only in the cabin, but just in general. On the other hand, I have not had the same problem being in an aft location.

The motion that gets people sick is not the side to side motion, but the pitching (up and down) motion. Guess where you can feel the most pitching motion? Forward.

I would NOT recommend a forward cabin to someone who is prone to motion sickness. Even I've gotten sick in those cabins and I'm not prone to motion sickness.

We sailed on the Imsgination with some friends who had a porthole cabin while were in an aft facing cabin. We had some rough seas returning to Miami (bad enough that they canceled the shows at the main theater). We rode the rough seas just fine in our aft cabin but our friends in the porthole cabin were so seasick, that they looked green.

Edited by Tapi