beverage upgrade question?

dancrm12000

If we have the promo classic and want to upgrade to premium, should we do it before the cruise, or wait to the 1st day? Is there a price difference, if I book it now, will I have to pay the full amount for the premium or only the difference between the premium and classic?

The pricing recently changed (check the Celebrity web site for specifics) so it is now less expensive to upgrade in advance. We paid $11.50 ($10 upgrade and $1.50 gratuity) per person in advance to upgrade. It was worth it because we could try just about anything we wanted and didn't have to worry about the price.

Edited by Ron_L

Greetings

It has been reported here that if you upgrade before the cruise you must upgrade both passengers but if you wait until onboard that is not required. Don't know your plans, but this could be a consideration.

It has also been reported here that even though the onboard price for the package increased, they are still allowing upgrades onboard for $10/day plus $1.50 gratuity ($11.50/day total).

We have upgraded beforehand for our upcoming cruise because we just want to have it done and out of the way.

There have been many threads on this subject, you may want to try a simple search.

Good Sailing

Tom

Edited by tunaman2011
tyoo

We got off Connie about two weeks ago. I upgraded myself about a month before the cruise which was in October, no issue just upgrading me. I upgraded my partner on board. There were signs at every board offering to upgrade for the same $11.50/day. There were often bar supervisors around the bars (the martini bars anyway) to make this quick and easy when the bartenders were busy.

The only difference I can see is you get a sticker if you do it onboard and it's printed on your card if you do it in advance. If you don't like the sticker, guest services will print you a new card.

I wouldn't worry about it, Celebrity seems to want to do the upgrades now. If you have any OBC, I would do it onboard as it's a good way to use the OBC :)

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

If we have the promo classic and want to upgrade to premium, should we do it before the cruise, or wait to the 1st day? Is there a price difference, if I book it now, will I have to pay the full amount for the premium or only the difference between the premium and classic?

Your upgrade price will be $11.50 either now or on the ship. You or both can do the upgrade now or on the ship. If you have onboard credit you are looking to use, then do it on the ship. just remember both DO NOT have to upgrade and you can do it anytime.