Just Booked Serenade Questions

momof4_tn

I'm having a hard time finding extensive reviews after the Refit on Serenade. We just booked a last minute (to me 18 days out) cruise. We have cruise Monarch twice and two Voyager class ships so this class is new to me. I feel like I don't have enough time to gather information. We didn't think we would get to take our traditional January cruise, but things changed last minute and this was what we could find that fit our budget and schedule. Any help would be apprecaited.

What are the other dining options other than MDR and Windjammer?

We love Cafe Promenade on the Voyager class, is there anything similar on Serenade?

It looks like there is only one pool and then the solarium. Do these get overly crowded on full sailings?

We are in a OV on Deck 7. I've read a little about noise from the theatre and dining room below. Has anyone experienced that?

Radiance class is my favorite of all. took Serenade in October Med sailing. Love it.

To answer your question. Seaview Café; Solarium Café; and room service

specialty - Chops, Portofinos

The most similar venue to Cafe Promenade would be Park Cafe. Park Cafe has more food options, but is not open as long as Cafe Promenade. Park Cafe is complimentary.

Other extra cost dining options are Chops, Chef's Table, Izumi, Rita's Cantina, and Giovanni's Table.

Edited by clarea

I'll be sailing Serenade in February, but I've been on Jewel and Radiance. They are my favorite class of ship. I'm looking forward to being on one Post-refurb.

Others can give more specific responses, but here are my thoughts on the class of ship: they do not feel crowded. It may be a little tough to get a lounge chair close to the pool on a sea day, but if you are willing to go up to the next deck there will be plenty of places.

Serenade is similar in size to the Vision class ships, but she is sleeker, prettier, and a little more sophisticated. If given a choice between the two classes, and price and itinerary were comparable I'd choose a Radiance class ship every time.

Enjoy your cruise, and leave her in good shape for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

We just spent 2 weeks on Serenade OTS in October. Unfortunately the Seaview Cafe has been replaced by a fee restaurant Izumi. There are only three free venues, Park Cafe (inside the Solarium), MDR, and Windjammers. If you can, take advantage of the WindJammer outdoor seating. As Patti noted, you best bet is the deck plans on the Royal Caribbean website.

There are only two pools, with the Solarium having a (usually) closed roof, and the main pool. It will really depend on the weather on a sea day, but the Solarium is usually very crowded.

Serenade is a beautiful ship. Enjoy your cruise.