flight home changed by airline..too early?

edgee

Kissing Seahorses is correct, Café Versailles is still in MIA and the food is good. There is also a local favorite that has its main restaurant on South Beach, Ice Box Café. They are known for their many cakes and pies which are really great. Their salads are also way above the average airport selections. I don't remember which terminal they are in, but you can google MIA and go from there.

I think we are on same cruise. I debated the flight time on American and took the later flight. I am thinking we should have take the earlier flight lol It shows it is all just a a good guess!

Thanks to all who responded. I am amused at the variety of answers I have received to my original inquiry starting this thread and that discussion has spread to the subject of dining options at MIA. Of course it depends on one's individual circumstance and risk tolerance. The fact that I am elite on American, and that there are plenty of contingency flights including nine American nonstops later in the day to my home city (Washington) from MIA will likely tip me toward sticking with the earlier flight.

The Miami Airport Hotel is right in the airport. On the top floor, is a restaurant. Basic food, nice atmosphere, great bathrooms - even shower facilities. We have sat there for hours - much more pleasant than sitting around the airport or having fast food.