Discounts on Specialty dining

momof4_tn

We are sailing on Serenade in a couple of weeks. Would love to try the specialy restaraunts this trip. I've read where some times you can get discounts by booking the first night.

Is this booking once you are onboard? If so, is it advertised or do you just stop by?

Do they offer any packages that provide a discount?

There are only two of us and we are celebrating our anniversary/birthdays and have some OBC available to use and thought this might make it a little more special.

We are sailing on Serenade in a couple of weeks. Would love to try the specialy restaraunts this trip. I've read where some times you can get discounts by booking the first night.

Is this booking once you are onboard? If so, is it advertised or do you just stop by?

There are only two of us and we are celebrating our anniversary/birthdays and have some OBC available to use and thought this might make it a little more special.

Check your Pre-cruise planner under Dining. They may have some packages available for purchase.

You would have to go to your Pre-Cruise Planner which you will find on your Cruise Documentation Page to find out if Serenade offers any dining packages.

You can use the this link to go in by way of the back door Countdown to Cruise :D

Edited by cruisenfever

Serenade does have a special for three restaurants which I believe is a great purchase and discount.

On our Med sailing Serenade in October they offered 30% off 2nd person in specialty. They advertised it separately (not pre cruise). I was expecting that when I got on the Legend this month but they did not offer. We weren't even able to get into Chops the first night using our D+ BOGO coupon.

It may depend on how well the specialty restaurants are booking for the first night on a particular cruiseship

Typically they will offer packages both pre-cruise and once onboard. The package will represent a savings of at least 15% off individually booking.

I too was going to hold off until onboard to use some OBC I had (if you pre-book you also pre-pay; not an idea I am overly fond of, but I accept it). When looking in my reservation on Royal's website the other day I saw that the Chefs Table Dining Package (3 restaurants) was priced the SAME as just Chef's Table. Unsure if this was a limited time promotion I opted to pre-book and pre-pay as I feel I got the best overall deal.

Your mileage may vary, but if you see a dining package you feel is a good deal go ahead and book it now.

Just off the Serenade and what you heard is correct. On my sailing the packages they offered onboard the ship were a bit less than those offered on line. However, it doesn't mean that practice will continue.