NCL Epic Western - What to do!?!

Willowmina

We will be on the April 20th Western Caribbean Epic Sailing (Me, DH, DD11 & DD9). I've been looking at the CC Ports of Call, and my head is spinning! My question is - what would you do at the following ports:

1. Ocho Rios, Jamaica

2. Costa Maya, Mexico

3. Cozumel, Mexico

Thank you!

1. Ocho Rios - avoid hair braiding and drug dealers

2. Costa Maya - avoid everything

3. Cozumel - avoid being late boarding back on the ship

Well that was extremely helpful to the OP :rolleyes: !!

Hi to the OP :) I did read some good reviews on the Maya Chan resort in Costa Maya & did try to make a reservation when I visit in March but they were sold out for the day. I do see on their website they have children activities.

http://www.costamayabeachresort.com/

Ocho rios, dunn river falls seems to be the popular excursion.

Cozumel, a lot of families seem to like the day beach resorts like mr sanchoz or nachi cocum. You can take a cab from The port for like $20 each way.

Edited by Sup'd

Ocho rios' date=' dunn river falls seems to be the popular excursion.

Cozumel, a lot of families seem to like the day beach resorts like mr sanchoz or nachi cocum. You can take a cab from The port for like $20 each way.[/quote']

Thank you, I will check out Mr. Sanchoz & Nachi Cocum as I tried for Maya Chan in Costa Maya and it was sold out for the day.

Mr sanchoz is split into two areas, a pay as you go and all-inclusive with a rope in between them. We didn't do a reservation, only thing that was weird was that I would have done the AI, but they wouldn't let my mom sit with me on the AI side( as if a 70 y/o woman would cheat their system) and the servers on the payg side couldn't do the AI drinks so they lost like $50 on me.

They had a wipeout tv show style inflatable course in the water that your kids may enjoy, don't have to do the AI for that. Canoes and stuff like that were part of the AI or pay extra.

I think nachi is mandatory AI, there should be current threads on the Cozumel board for current rates and differences

Mr sanchoz is split into two areas' date=' a pay as you go and all-inclusive with a rope in between them. We didn't do a reservation, only thing that was weird was that I would have done the AI, but they wouldn't let my mom sit with me on the AI side( as if a 70 y/o woman would cheat their system) and the servers on the payg side couldn't do the AI drinks so they lost like $50 on me.

They had a wipeout tv show style inflatable course in the water that your kids may enjoy, don't have to do the AI for that. Canoes and stuff like that were part of the AI or pay extra.

I think nachi is mandatory AI, there should be current threads on the Cozumel board for current rates and differences[/quote']

Thank you again for your advice....I just booked Nachi Cocom for Mar 21 :D

Ocho Rios- First trip did catamaran trip to Dunns River Falls thru NCL. Upcoming trip doing Irie Blue Hole/ White River tubing thru Peat Williams.

Costa Maya- first time , really looking forward to Maya Chan based on all the CC reviews.

Cozumel-First trip did Tullum ruins. Well worth the long day of travel . Ruins were awesome, wish we had more then the 45 minutes we had to spend at the beautiful beach there.

Hope this helps.

Ocho Rios- First trip did catamaran trip to Dunns River Falls thru NCL. Upcoming trip doing Irie Blue Hole/ White River tubing thru Peat Williams.

Costa Maya- first time , really looking forward to Maya Chan based on all the CC reviews.

Cozumel-First trip did Tullum ruins. Well worth the long day of travel . Ruins were awesome, wish we had more then the 45 minutes we had to spend at the beautiful beach there.

Hope this helps.

While staying at a resort in the Mayan Riviera we also did the Tullum ruins, there was an elderly fellow who we hired as a private guide and if I remember correctly not expensive but worth the money. I tried for Maya Chan & even though I'm not going until Mar it was sold out in Sept.

We will be on the April 20th Western Caribbean Epic Sailing (Me, DH, DD11 & DD9). I've been looking at the CC Ports of Call, and my head is spinning! My question is - what would you do at the following ports:

1. Ocho Rios, Jamaica

2. Costa Maya, Mexico

3. Cozumel, Mexico

Thank you!

Check out Peat Taylor or his brother, Courtney, for a tour in Ocho Rios. We were able to personalize the tour after going to the falls and visited a school to drop off supplies.

Costa Maya - I like renting a golf cart and heading over to Majahual (sp?) and plopping down at NoHoch Cay.

Coz - Mr. Sanchos. Ala carte.

When we visited Ochos Rios, we did the Jamaican bobsled excursion. It was a chairlift up the mountain, a ride on bobsled, which is like an alpine slide, roller coaster combo and then zipline to bottom of mountain. It was a lot of fun and a big step out of the box for some of us! Oh, also, there is a pool at the top of the mountain and restaurant with gift shop. We should have brought swim suits, but didn't know. It was a great time.

When we visited Ochos Rios, we did the Jamaican bobsled excursion. It was a chairlift up the mountain, a ride on bobsled, which is like an alpine slide, roller coaster combo and then zipline to bottom of mountain. It was a lot of fun and a big step out of the box for some of us! Oh, also, there is a pool at the top of the mountain and restaurant with gift shop. We should have brought swim suits, but didn't know. It was a great time.

I have seen some videos of the bobsledding excursion. I don't think I could handle it!