Do prices generally drop after the payment deadline? And other questions

maurinsky2

My fiance, daughter and I are sailing on the Splendor in April. We scheduled it just for the three of us because his kids were supposed to be going to Ireland that same week with their mom. Well, their trip has been canceled, so we would like to bring them with us on the cruise. Right now, inside cabins are $800+, I'm hoping that they will come down after January 25th, when people who booked but can't pay will have rooms released.

My other question is related to the fact that there are no rooms on the ship that accommodate 5 people (as far as I could tell!), so we would need to get a second room. It's okay if they don't adjoin, his older son will be 18 by the time we sail, but I know that you need someone over the age of 21 booked in the room. We booked Early Saver, so I'm concerned that we we won't be able to change things around, but I'm hopeful that we will.

I would love to hear from others who have faced something like this, to see how best to handle it.

My fiance, daughter and I are sailing on the Splendor in April. We scheduled it just for the three of us because his kids were supposed to be going to Ireland that same week with their mom. Well, their trip has been canceled, so we would like to bring them with us on the cruise. Right now, inside cabins are $800+, I'm hoping that they will come down after January 25th, when people who booked but can't pay will have rooms released.

My other question is related to the fact that there are no rooms on the ship that accommodate 5 people (as far as I could tell!), so we would need to get a second room. It's okay if they don't adjoin, his older son will be 18 by the time we sail, but I know that you need someone over the age of 21 booked in the room. We booked Early Saver, so I'm concerned that we we won't be able to change things around, but I'm hopeful that we will.

I would love to hear from others who have faced something like this, to see how best to handle it.

If it's after final payment you will have to book the room & pay in full. You could probably switch your husband w/o issue as long as they are the same room type. (8A to 8AM).

If you are getting a lower room type for the kids, Carnival will prob give you a hard time but be persistent about the switch/ name change.

It is a huge gamble. I have seen them go up and down after final payment. If it were me I would book now. We are booked on the Splendor in a few weeks and after final payment the prices skyrocketed. Now they are asking more for an interior than we paid for our balcony. We also have to book two rooms. They do have restrictions, younger kids they will have to put next door or across the hall. But older kids have a bit more leeway. If they are 18 I believe they can be anywhere as long as the parents are on the ship. But if you put a younger sibling in the room with them they can be no more than 4 doors away.