Calling all COFFEE LOVERS!

Hi,

We just got back from a wonderful trip on Splendour of the Seas and had the privledge to meet one very talented and nice young man, Douglas Spadin from Brazil. He is an assistant waiter and sings beautifully. He even has his own CD and was looking for someone to discover him. If any one is going on Splendour of the Seas and can look him up for us it would be great.

We have his CD and have contacted a Music Rep we know and would like to have a way to have her reach him. The website on his CD cover is not active. So if you meet up with him or hear him sing with Steve in the lounge please ask him to contact us @ gcuddeback@adelphia.net

Thanks so much.

Rocky Mountain Romantics (Susan & Gary)

P.S. If you want a nice place to stay in Barcelona that is not too expensive we highly recommend The Hotel Splendid and Victor Pena for transportation (he has a 7 seater van, is English speaking and will be there when you get off the boat if you pre-arrange it - you can contact him at victorpena@telefonica.net Another person we highly recommend is Catherine D'Antuono owner of Provence Tour Designers - we did a personal tour with her of Provence and it was so much better than any of the excursions through the ship - contact her at tour.designer@provence-travel.com Other recommendations for this cruise are: Skip Naples and take the hydrofoil to Capri - pack your swimsuit and lounge on the beach and swim in the warm sea. While at Ville Franche get a taxi to Eze - wonderful and just a short drive (ask to see Tina Turners house on the way) And relax as much as you can - we even skipped going to Rome to stay onboard and hang out because the pace of this trip is hectic.:p

I only drink it in the morning and whatever it is, it is almost always too strong for me. I really enjoy it in the Concierge lounge...:D

Same here ... every single cruise I've been on the coffee is too yucky. I'd rather have a colombian with some cream (kind of like what you'd get at a truck stop or some of my favorite italian restaurants). French roast? Blah. Spit! Spit! There was some that I had in Costa Rica that wasn't too bad ... but the stuff on RCI boats is terrible :-)

Has anyone purchased Blue Mountain Coffee in Jamaica? I would like to get a sense of what it costs and where to purchase. We will be in Ocho Rios in September.

--dave

I had two friends bring us back Jamaica Blue last fall - Honest to Goodness JABLUM ( blessed by the "cartel) usually found in burlap with the seal)

Runs between $15-18 a pound. We usually buy it in Sonjis Plaza or Taj Mahal

I have seen it in the US for upwards of $56 per pound.

YOU CAN FREEZE IT

A couple of cruise coffee facts that seem to defy logic:

We found that bringing your favorite heavy ceramic mug from home seems to actually make the morning java much more bearable, even enjoyable! Perhaps it's the temperature???

Has anyone noticed that the "creamers" are often frozen??? And what's even better... you can dump a handful in your coffee and it's still stays dark!!

A couple of cruise coffee facts that seem to defy logic:

We found that bringing your favorite heavy ceramic mug from home seems to actually make the morning java much more bearable, even enjoyable! Perhaps it's the temperature???

Has anyone noticed that the "creamers" are often frozen??? And what's even better... you can dump a handful in your coffee and it's still stays dark!!

Paper/Styrofoam/Melmac cups just don't do it - any ceramic cup light or heavy will do.

And you are right - the "DairyRich" plastic Cow does not make for a good cup of coffee either - would rather get some 2% milk if I can find it ( I there is no half and half) or drink it black

Hi..I just got back from the Alaska cruise on the Radiance of the Sea.

Coffee that was served free (or with meals in Portofino) was okay..I would give if a 7 out of a 10.

However, there is a coffee bar called Lattetiudes which sells coffee (the good stuff) for $2.99 a cup...Get a card when you first get on the ship and it punched each time you buy a cup...The 7th is free

...Lattetiudes which sells coffee (the good stuff) for $2.99 a cup...Get a card when you first get on the ship and it punched each time you buy a cup...The 7th is free

At almost $18 for seven cups of coffee, no wonder RCCL provides 'crappy coffee' everywhere else on the ship... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. New poster to these boards. My wife and I are going on our first cruise in December on the newly-stretched "Enchantment". I'm a coffee drinker, and the horror stories are scaring me!

Being a New Englander, I prefer a Dunkin' Donuts style light roast. (I abhor Starbucks and Seattle's Best; that stuff tastes like someone used it as an ashtray.) And everyone says that shipboard coffee is strong, and horrible.

I was planning on bringing a travel mug, to enjoy coffee while walking around without spilling it. I may just bring the pot as well, so I can bypass the ship's coffee altogether, unless someone can tell me that the coffee is drinkable...

Also, should I bring my own non-dairy creamer? They make the small liquid single-serves that don't have to be refrigerated, and I'm thinking that would be a good idea.

We have sailed only RCL. I agree the Windjammer is not too good. I order room service for my coffee every morning. There's just something about sipping coffee on the balcony early in the morning in my robe, laying on the lounge chair, this is one of my favorite times on any cruise. This is my time to enjoy life not worry about the type of coffee. Try room service next time, maybe it'll taste great like it does me with all the surroundings!

Brilliance Oct. 2006- Med.-next cruise

Not sure where to post this and sorry as its not about coffee. I love my first cup of tea in the morning, so will be ordering a large pot of tea for 2 from room service but I do love my mid morning cup of coffee. Have just lately been buying the single filters (Rombaolets? sp) where you get 10 coffee filters and have just finished the Colombian band. To die for!

Can anyone tell me what the room service tea is like. Do they serve it in pots with hot water? The typical English way. Sorry but I am British.....;) so have milk but no sugar.

We just got back from the August 26th Voyager sailing and I thought the coffee was fantastic. They serve "Seattle's Best" all over the ship. I drink decaf and my sister and brother-in-law both drink regular. They have milk, non dairy creamer and half and half, regular sugar, "raw" sugar, pink sweetner and blue sweetner. I think if you can't find it, it doesn't exist! If you want "fancy" coffee (ie espresso, latte, flavored etc.), there is a charge.

Archived