Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013284_zps0587961a.jpg

We took a pass through the Fun Shops to see if there was anything that we liked but no. The Fun Shops onboard need to improve. They need to get more t-shirt options and bigger sizes. I wanted to get a Carnival Sunshine t-shirt but they never had my size all week.

Since you mentioned the t-shirts, I really miss the ones that they used to have of the ship with the itinerary of ports of call listed on them. We got our last ones on Carnival Miracle (Western Caribbean) in 2006 but they didn't have them on our Carnival Glory cruise or our latest Carnival Valor cruise last May. We didn't get any t-shirts in the Fun Shops the last two cruises. I was going to comment on one of your previous reviews on a picture where you were wearing what I think was a "Hogs Breath Saloon" t-shirt from Key West. I think it was one where you and your dad were on a helicopter tour (maybe your Freedom review). Anyway, I think I have the same shirt. I've never been to Key West but our neighbors were and I watched their dogs while they were there and they got the shirt for me. It was a peach color and it looked exactly like the one you had. I wanted to comment then but was hesitant to "hijack" a review about having the same t-shirt. LOL!!!

Loved your section on New Orleans and thank you for sharing all of the pictures. When we were there I only had a film camera and got some but definitely not as many as I'd liked. I'm really enjoying your Sunshine part of the review now too. One day, that could be an option of a future cruise with a couple extra days in New Orleans. I'm continuing to follow and really enjoying this review and again, as much as I've enjoyed your others.

I love how you post pictures of the menu. I'm already planning what I'm going to eat in July. I'm new to cruise critics and have only been on two cruises. I love reading your post. Have you been to Nassau, Grand Turk, and St Thomas? If so, I wanna read those because I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do while there. Thanks again.

Still loving your review! When we are out walking on a cruise sometimes my husband will say to me "now deb your don't have to stop and talk to everyone we meet, we'll be late to ______ "

Yup! I'm a people person and never meet a stranger.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for showing the taste bar at breakfast. I will be on deck 5 on 2-2-14 and as long as I have coffee and croussaint I am good to go. Also I am usually hot natured as I have a lot of natural insulation on my body :), but I will take a sweater or light jacket since you said it was cool. Enjoying your review alot

With being on Deck 5 you will love having the Taste Bar that close. :) I am never cold and I had my arms inside my shirt while trying to play trivia. It was pretty darn chilly

wow what great pics

we do not go on Sunshine till end of May

want to know about dining rooms we r at the very front so want to know about (sorry broke bone in my rigt hand so hard to type) the rest n the front of ship is it anytime or trad

dot

The dining room in the front of the ship is on Deck 3 and it is the Assigned Dining time. I was very surprised at how small this dining room was. Very low ceilings and the tables were very close together. I am glad we didn't eat in there. It would have made for an uncomfortable dining experience.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013284_zps0587961a.jpg

We took a pass through the Fun Shops to see if there was anything that we liked but no. The Fun Shops onboard need to improve. They need to get more t-shirt options and bigger sizes. I wanted to get a Carnival Sunshine t-shirt but they never had my size all week.

Since you mentioned the t-shirts, I really miss the ones that they used to have of the ship with the itinerary of ports of call listed on them. We got our last ones on Carnival Miracle (Western Caribbean) in 2006 but they didn't have them on our Carnival Glory cruise or our latest Carnival Valor cruise last May. We didn't get any t-shirts in the Fun Shops the last two cruises. I was going to comment on one of your previous reviews on a picture where you were wearing what I think was a "Hogs Breath Saloon" t-shirt from Key West. I think it was one where you and your dad were on a helicopter tour (maybe your Freedom review). Anyway, I think I have the same shirt. I've never been to Key West but our neighbors were and I watched their dogs while they were there and they got the shirt for me. It was a peach color and it looked exactly like the one you had. I wanted to comment then but was hesitant to "hijack" a review about having the same t-shirt. LOL!!!

Loved your section on New Orleans and thank you for sharing all of the pictures. When we were there I only had a film camera and got some but definitely not as many as I'd liked. I'm really enjoying your Sunshine part of the review now too. One day, that could be an option of a future cruise with a couple extra days in New Orleans. I'm continuing to follow and really enjoying this review and again, as much as I've enjoyed your others.

Yes that was definitely me with a Hogs Breath shirt on. I always get a Hogs Breath shirt in Key West. Orange is my favorite color so of course I had to get an orange Hogs Breath shirt

There will be more pictures from New Orleans after my review portion of the Sunshine. I hope you continue to enjoy my review.

I love how you post pictures of the menu. I'm already planning what I'm going to eat in July. I'm new to cruise critics and have only been on two cruises. I love reading your post. Have you been to Nassau, Grand Turk, and St Thomas? If so, I wanna read those because I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do while there. Thanks again.

I've always gotta take pictures of the menus. That's always a question I have in other reviews.

Yes we have been to Nassau (4 times), Grand Turk (1 time), and St. Thomas (2 times). The only photo review that would have included any of those ports was my review from the Carnival Ecstasy/Carnival Sensation.

In Grand Turk be sure to go to Margaritaville. It is the best one in the Caribbean and swim in their pool. It is a huge fresh water pool and so much fun

Still loving your review! When we are out walking on a cruise sometimes my husband will say to me "now deb your don't have to stop and talk to everyone we meet, we'll be late to ______ "

Yup! I'm a people person and never meet a stranger.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

You would get along with my dad just fine. Cruise ship vacations are perfect for him because he loves to socialize :)

Thanks for listing this. Just saved 20 dollars on a one way rental!

Sent from IPhone

You're welcome. We have saved hundreds over the years

Loving your Sunshine review! We were on the Sunshine in July, and it was seriously one of our best cruises yet! Hope you get to take many more cruises with your dad!

Yippee another good review for the Sunshine. So sick of the negative reviews. Leaks bad food overcrowding blah blah:eek:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Please come back and post some more. I'm really interested in your opinion of the Sunshine. I'm doing a B2B on her in June; was suppose to be Dream but was changed. What night would you recommend skipping the MDR in favor of the steakhouse?

I'm back. I had to wake up first :p I would go to the Steakhouse on Wednesday night.

It was a good thing for Guys Burgers on the cruise because without those I don't know what my dad have had for lunch everyday

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2499_zps001b3a4b.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2500_zps8299db9e.jpg

This one is overrated in my opinion. I didn't like the bacon

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2501_zps0a28ba99.jpg

I don't like chili so I never tried this one

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2502_zps210c0ef8.jpg

I didn't try this one but I wish I did.....I will try this one next time

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2503_zpse7c1db96.jpg

This is the one my dad always ordered

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2504_zps0bf0b6c1.jpg

This is the one that I always ordered then I would go over to the toppings bar and add a few toppings

The dining room in the front of the ship is on Deck 3 and it is the Assigned Dining time. I was very surprised at how small this dining room was. Very low ceilings and the tables were very close together. I am glad we didn't eat in there. It would have made for an uncomfortable dining experience.

thanks I was hoping it was open dining Guess we will stick with Lido yo eat since we r on Lido

We ate at Guys Burgers for supper on Monday night because I was really looking forward to watching the Chicago Bears vs. Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football. They were not going to have the game playing on the big screen on Lido so we staked out our spot in the Sports Bar.

Are you Ready for Some Football????

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2533_zps9b13e4ea.jpg

Watching the Chicago Bears whoop up on the Cowboys on MNF with 30 of my newest friends was so much fun

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2532_zps1c3af474.jpg

It wouldn't be a sports bar without soft pretzels. They are served in the sports bar for $1.25